Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

3rd Week Post Op (Band) Question re foods you can eat?

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Hi All, I am 3rd week post lap band op. feel really great and managing the post op diet really well.
    However, i need to ask how important it is to stick to the mash every day for dinner with soft meats etc? is there a particular reason for this if you feel you can manage other foods such as soft cooked pasta (chewed well of course)?

I know the band slippage is more when you have your first fill (so I have read) so really need advice as I am very bored with mash 🙁

helllllllp :pray:

Doodah
    Keymaster

Hi Sam.

I’m not a bandster but I think it’s best to follow the ‘rules’ to the absolute letter as they are written for a reason. Just my own personal opinion 😉

Doodah x

Nettie

Hi Sam,
    Stick with it til week 4 if you can, on week 4 I started to introduce all my normal foods again, you should be able to eat most things by the end of week 4 and it will stay like that until you get closer to your “sweetspot” and then it starts to get tougher again I’m afraid, but try and stick to the rules if you can, they are there for a reason!!
    Nettie xx

Thanks Nettie, I am just in week 4 today. i think its just hard as cooking for the family too makes it haer so they are eating mash too lol……. I am def feeling that I am nearing my first fill and cant wait as I have done so well until now……Am steering clear of the bad foods and excercising now so hope to maintain what I have lost so far……. i dont want Mr Slater ornthe dietitians to be disappointed with weightloss but think I may be being too hard on myself.
    Thanks for your advice, I will stick with it…..:)

Doodah
    Keymaster

Hi Sam

You have got it in one when you say you are being too hard on yourself. I’s a pattern of behaviour we all get into as we don’t feel we ‘deserve’ our success sometimes. Be kind to yoursefl, as kind as you no doubt are to everyone else. You are doing brilliantly so give yoursefl a big pat on the back.

Bandsters are the tortoises in wls, whilst bypassers are the hares, however, we all get there in the end right? You just have to keep on going: one step at a time with a few pit stops along the way ;-))

Doodah x

hides

Hi sam
    As a fellow bandster i can only echo what nettie and doodah have said. Slow and easy, remember it can take anything from 12 to 24 months for you to reach your personal goal.

Things DO get tougher as the fills start, what is good 1 day , isnt the next, and you ask why .??? But be proud of what you are achieving right now. My sweet tooth hasnt gone, i’m doing my best to deal with it, but as long as i lose 1 lb a week i’m happy…… So the odd treat is allowed.

Keep up the good work 🙂 how is evie doing .?

Best wishes
    Heidi. X

hides

Hello nettie

Long time no hear….. How are things with you ?

I’m just coming up to my 6 month mark, and i know you were a little ahead of me .

Heidi. X

Nettie

Hi Heidi,

Things are good thanks, I’m at 8 1/2 months now with a 5 stone loss, I’m really pleased with my loss loss but at times I get very frustrated with my band as sometimes I crave to eat a whole meal with all the things I can’t eat. I’ve found the last 2 fills quite tough, I go every 4 weeks and I think I am now at the “sweetspot” as I am very restricted and can only manage very small portions.
    How are you finding things now?
    I’m sorry I don’t get on here so much these days.
    Nettie xx

hides

Hi nettie

Lovely to hear from you, and sounds like you are doing brilliant. 🙂
    I’m 4lbs off getting my 4 stone . Losing around 1 lb a week. Very pleased, but have now realised the exercise has to become a part of my life. So i’m hoping this will help the next stone along a little faster then the last. ( exercise is not my thing…. )

I go every 4weeks to the hosp too. Last 2 visits i have had only 1/4 ml put in, dont seem to be able to take more, without problems starting. So up to 5 1/4 at mo, still fighting my sweet tooth, not be great over the easter, but still managed 6 lbs off since last hosp visit. BMI coming down nicely too.

Know what you mean with the meal thing, i am cooking a roast now, and it grieves me that i can only manage 1 roast pot, 1 slice of meat and 2/3 tablespoons of veg 🙁 . My head says ” lovely, want more ” , but my band says “STOP “.

Still learning 🙂 . So nice to hear from you.

Heidi. X

Dear Nettie and Heidi, thank you so much for your posts, It has given me a lot of help and telling me it will come! Imdo want to loose he weight slowly but surely and looking a your posts to each other really does give me some good insight. Thank you….. I have got my first band fill onnthe 11th May so looking forward to that.

No doubt I will be on here in the future lying on your helpful and insightful posts x

Thanks

Doodah
    Keymaster

This forum is a mine of insights and advice isn’t it? It’s brillaint that no matter what we might need to know, someone will come along and point us in the right direction to find out if they don’t already know themselves! Love it.

Doodah x

It certainly is doodah 🙂

Doodah
    Keymaster

It’s like a big fluffy security blanket haha!!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media