Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

:(

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    lisac2012

Well 5 days before my first appt….should be a happy time eh!? Now having relationship problems…please no! I wanted a nice clear head this next week!! :'( I feel emotional enuf as it is. Sorry just need to let it out. Can’t post on my facebook as not everyone knows about my surgery yet.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using WLS FORUM

Floyd

Hi Lisa

Hope things improve before your first appointment.

All the best.
    Floydee

lisac2012

Ahh thankyou much appreciated x

Doodah
    Keymaster

@lisac2012 25215 wrote:

Well 5 days before my first appt….should be a happy time eh!? Now having relationship problems…please no! I wanted a nice clear head this next week!! :'( I feel emotional enuf as it is. Sorry just need to let it out. Can’t post on my facebook as not everyone knows about my surgery yet.

Aw, bless you darling. How are things now? Don’t answer if you don’t want to xx

lisac2012

Thanks for takin the time out to reply. Things with us bit up n down still, but hopefully be ok. Not long till my appointment now! Xx

Doodah
    Keymaster

Glad to hear you are sorting things out a bit Lisa.

Have to admit, relationship issues can get fraught when a huge life change is being considered. I promise you that it will all be worth it though xx

lisac2012

Yeah I guess cos its stressful for them to lol sure we be ok. And day 43 no smoking! Had my first appt today will do a new thread! ๐Ÿ™‚

Doodah
    Keymaster

Crikey Lisa, you don’t do things by halves do you?! Giving up smoking too? You are one very brave woman xx

lisac2012

Hiya doodah an update I’m now single…have had a few cigs but I’m determined to get bk on track before op! Been 25 days since mr slater agreed to a bypass, I’m waiting mayb not so patiently but I’m waiting for the important call lol ๐Ÿ™‚ hope you are well xx

Doodah
    Keymaster

Hi Lisa.

Sorry to hear that your relationship didn’t continue, but only if it has upset you. If it’s what you wanted then so be it. It means you have even more time to devote to yourself and the task ahead.

As for the smoking, like weight loss, it’s not a race so if you have fallen off the wagon a bit, forgive yourself and start again. It’s really brave and dedicated of you to do both things at once and I admire you greatly for it.

I’m not too bad thanks. Having quite a bit of trouble with my arthritis at the moment so a bit slow but apart from that I’m fine. I’m also waiting patiently for an operation. I’m having a fleur de lys apronectomy (posh word for tummy tuck haha) on 11 October. No more back pain, infections or discomfort woo hoo! I’ve waited 2.5 years for this so I can hardly believe it’s going to happen.

So, we both have wonderful things to look forward too. Life really isn’t so bad sometimes is it? :-))

Doodah x

lisac2012

I found out they are seeing somebody else….so not the best way to go buuut I’m handling it well (for me) anyway lol I think it could be cos I have the op to focus on but whatever the reason its working off course I’m upset but I wouldn’t of handled it this way a coupla yrs ago! As for the smoking yea silly to have some but I needed something in my times of trouble so to spk lol! My nurse has said I can to bk for another course if I need to! ๐Ÿ™‚ wow yea exciting times for both of us then!! Good luck with your op!! No I’m seeing more n more life isn’t so bad after all! N bring on my life after op, I know I say about it a lot but I feel I’m turning corners and I’m so ready for it !! Anyways enough rambling on for now lol x

Doodah
    Keymaster

I’m so pleased that you now have more time to devote to YOU. If he didn’t see your worth then make sure YOU do. It’s an old chestnut of a saying but so true that ‘Good things come to those who wait’. I truly believe that. Sometimes in life we don’t get what we want but what we need. You are now free to concentrate on getting your life back – the one you deserve ;-))

Doodah x

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media