Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

2nd week out!

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    troyal

Hello! Just had my surgery on July 6th. I am in the puréed food stage. Any healthy ideas for foods? How many times a day did you eat? How many Ounces? Thanks!!!

tiny amounts of mashed potato with grated cheese and a teaspoon of very low fat salad cream yummy!!!

Fenella
    troyal wrote:
    Hello! Just had my surgery on July 6th. I am in the puréed food stage. Any healthy ideas for foods? How many times a day did you eat? How many Ounces? Thanks!!!

Lots of soups. Really worth investing in a wand blender. Then you simply boil up the ingredients roughly cut up, add a stock cube and blend. To make it more of a ‘cream of’ soup add a little natural yogurt but don’t let it boil once that’s gone in. Soups freeze and actually improve from a few days in the fridge. Following the simple procedure above you can make these soups most of which benefit from throwing in half an onion too:
    Leek and potato (if tired you can use frozen mash Aunt Bessie’s has no dodgy ingredients).
    Broccoli and Stilton (only needs a little Stilton to keep fat levels down but it’s protein) again don’t boil once cheese added.
    Frozen peas (a good protein source) with a little ham or cheese.
    Vegetable – any but add some tinned no added sugar chick peas or red kidney beans for protein
    Good old carrot and coriander – simply carrots and a bunch of coriander leaved
    Cold gazpacho – great in summer – fresh (dunk in boiling water to remove skins) tomatoes or tinned, a little stale bread (maybe leave this out in the first few weeks), some cucumber, a drip of olive oil, a little vinegar to taste and some fresh herbs, mint is good – taste of summer – don’t heat but add ice cubes when serving.
    Carol the cooks book is worth buying, available from streamline.
    Hope these ideas help you and others.

hazelann70

pasta and packet cheese sauce and then blended was rather yummy as well as chicken korma and rice

Doodah
    Keymaster

Soup, soup and more soup: every conceivable variation! It worked for me anyway x

troyal

All those things sound good! Thank you guys! Tried mashed potatoes. Had one bite too many and feel sick now. Ill be happy once I get my portions figured out 🙂

Ms Ellie

As doodah says above the first four weeks for me also were soups soups and more soups.. and lots of pureed veg, some chicken/beef (pureed) fruit… Some weetabix in the morning.. If I remember correctly I was having 3meals and 2 snacks a day and not forgetting the WATER… That’s so very important after surgery good luck!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media