Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

2nd day post op

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #51763
    Kimberly
    Participant

    Hi Audra Iv been think about you hope your ok not long until you start the milk diet , and your have the best Christmas present ever.

    #51780
    audrasharon
    Member

    Yeah, I’m going to restart on Wednesday so will do 12 days this time rather than 15 days. Got to get everything ready for Christmas so time will hopefully go quick. How are you feeling day?

    #51764
    Kimberly
    Participant

    Well it’s strange but I think I was so high having the surgery that the tiredness has just suddenly hit me . Almost like baby blues . I just wish I could use the toilet it’s been 5 days now . Just trying prune juice diluted (yuck) and now coffee , I see if that works. You know this stomach is like a new born baby it had me up all night burping . .
    Are you all prepared for Christmas , I hope your not doing all the cooking , and that you are getting thoroughly spoilt .

    #51790
    wilkin47
    Member
    Kimberly wrote:
    Well it’s strange but I think I was so high having the surgery that the tiredness has just suddenly hit me . Almost like baby blues . I just wish I could use the toilet it’s been 5 days now . Just trying prune juice diluted (yuck) and now coffee , I see if that works. You know this stomach is like a new born baby it had me up all night burping . .
    Are you all prepared for Christmas , I hope your not doing all the cooking , and that you are getting thoroughly spoilt .

    Hi Kimberley, I really didn’t think I turned the corner until day 7. Tiredness really catches you out, didn’t want to get out of bed this morning. I know what you mean about downstairs matters its really strange if you previously were regular. My family thought it was hilarious when I exclaimed I had a poo on day 5! Take care of yourself, we’re with you all the way. Juliaxx

    #51765
    Kimberly
    Participant

    Julia thank you that’s really reassuring , can’t wait until tomorrow .

    #51781
    audrasharon
    Member
    wilkin47 wrote:
    Hi Kimberley, I really didn’t think I turned the corner until day 7. Tiredness really catches you out, didn’t want to get out of bed this morning. I know what you mean about downstairs matters its really strange if you previously were regular. My family thought it was hilarious when I exclaimed I had a poo on day 5! Take care of yourself, we’re with you all the way. Juliaxx

    Hope that works out for me. My day 8 will be Christmas Day and I already have 3 very excited kids. (We have my step daughter for Christmas this year. ) x

    #51766
    Kimberly
    Participant

    All systems sorted thank goodness. . Resting a lot , drinking loads . . Generally everyone is amazed how well I look. I’m finding it strange how my taste has changed .

    #51767
    Kimberly
    Participant

    Feeling better every day . I weighed my self today and I since may I have lost 20 ibs . And 14 in the last three weeks my bmi is now 43.. I can’t wait until it get out of the morbidly obese range . I’m really happy with how it’s going , I’m not as active as other ( I’m hoping this will Change) I now can see I have a future ( that brings tears to my eyes ). Shaw Somers has given me this .

    #51777
    treeza
    Member

    Kim I’m so glad everything is on the move & you’re feeling better. Wow to the weight loss. Amazing isn’t it! Keep up the good work. Take care xxx

    #51782
    audrasharon
    Member
    Kimberly wrote:
    Feeling better every day . I weighed my self today and I since may I have lost 20 ibs . And 14 in the last three weeks my bmi is now 43.. I can’t wait until it get out of the morbidly obese range . I’m really happy with how it’s going , I’m not as active as other ( I’m hoping this will Change) I now can see I have a future ( that brings tears to my eyes ). Shaw Somers has given me this .

    Brilliant news. Glad your feeling more human. It’s all just waiting for you! So glad your feeling more positive today. It’s only going to keep getting better for you now!! X

    #51756
    Lauren
    Keymaster

    Isn’t it weird how we all end up LONGING to empty our bowels and want to sing the ‘Hallelujah Chorus’ when we do haha! We literally do turn into our own new parents! Feeding, burping, weaning, checking for poops etc. You have to laugh don’t you? So long as we stop short of pinching our own cheeks and saying ‘Who’s the most beautiful baby in the whole world?’ lol!

    Tiredness can be an issue very early on which is why I always ask everyone to be kind to themselves. Do only what you have to for YOU. Housework can wait as can most other things. Pay attention to what is absolutely necessary – plump cushions and an immaculately tidy cutlery drawers do not fall into this category!

    Onwards and downwards 😀

    Doodah x

    #51768
    Kimberly
    Participant

    I almost did burst into that chorus . Yes it is like a baby needing to be feed little lots of fluids not to fast to prevent wind . Pampering . But it my new beginning . I’m now entering into the land of possibilities .

    #51757
    Lauren
    Keymaster

    Very well said Kim! I love that – ‘The land of possibilities’. 🙂

    Doodah x

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Search Forums

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media