Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

2nd day post op

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    wilkin47

Ell guys went to Luton from Norwich on Thursday morning. Op was supposed to be at 1400hrs but ended up being a bit earlier just after 1300hrs. When I came round, can’t remember anything post op recovery! Just back on ward, Mr ***** came to see me and confirmed everything went well, liver fatty but really good size and op only took an hour and said if I felt up to it I could go home Friday, that was scary. Although afterwards he and the other doctors said they would be guided by how I felt. I came home yesterday afternoon, journey home was ok, Steve had to drive his little car as of all days my xtrail developed an engine fault and he didnt want to chance it. He was really panicking I would feel every bump but it was fine. We stopped 1/2 way and I had black tea. Stayed downstairs til about 0230 this morning and then went upstairs to bed, feeling a bit washed out this morning but it has been an eventful couple of days to say the least. Here’s to the start of my new life!! juliaxx

Kimberly
    Participant

Well done Hun , just remember to look after your self . Rest , I think as a society we forgot the word convalescence( time to heal recuperate and recover from major surgery ) I can hear doodah voice” put your self first” . Xx

Whitey

Well done! It’s very important to listen to your body at this stage. Be kind to yourself and rest when you feel tired and most important keep those fluids up. Take care and I look forward to hearing your progress x

treeza

Ahh well done Hun x like everyone is saying take care x be kind to yourself x

wilkin47

Thanks guys it’s really good to have such support from people who really know what you are going through. Not too bad at moment but I know I will have some tough times ahead, as you say need to be selfish and look after my self. I’m lucky I have great hubby and girls, etc. it must be so more difficult if you are on your own through this journey. Juliax

wilkin47

Feeling a bit rough, cant sleep, had some weird dreams, pain about 4 but just enough to stop me sleeping. Looking forward to having some angel delight and slimfast today, yipee!!

treeza

Aww shame I hope you feel better this morning. Yummy to angel delight x if your bypass I’d check the sugar in slimfast as I’m not to sure if it might be too high?! Be kind to yourself x healing hugs xxx

Kimberly
    Participant

Oh loverly hope pain is better , rest be pampered enjoy you lunch .

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Kimberly 30019 wrote:

Well done Hun , just remember to look after your self . Rest , I think as a society we forgot the word convalescence( time to heal recuperate and recover from major surgery ) I can hear doodah voice” put your self first” . Xx

You all know me SO well haha!

Doodah x

Lauren
    Keymaster

@wilkin47 30017 wrote:

Ell guys went to Luton from Norwich on Thursday morning. Op was supposed to be at 1400hrs but ended up being a bit earlier just after 1300hrs. When I came round, can’t remember anything post op recovery! Just back on ward, Mr barreca came to see me and confirmed everything went well, liver fatty but really good size and op only took an hour and said if I felt up to it I could go home Friday, that was scary. Although afterwards he and the other doctors said they would be guided by how I felt. I came home yesterday afternoon, journey home was ok, Steve had to drive his little car as of all days my xtrail developed an engine fault and he didnt want to chance it. He was really panicking I would feel every bump but it was fine. We stopped 1/2 way and I had black tea. Stayed downstairs til about 0230 this morning and then went upstairs to bed, feeling a bit washed out this morning but it has been an eventful couple of days to say the least. Here’s to the start of my new life!! juliaxx

Congratulations Julia – you are now a great big LOSER! Can you imagine any other situation when those words would be music to your ears haha!

I will reiterate everything the other wonderful people on here have said – rest, put yourself first, drink LOADS of water, don’t be polite about letting wind go as it can cause discomfort, don’t forget to eat (this will amaze you!) and give yourself plenty of time to adjust to your new life. The analogy we use is that it is actually like giving birth to your own baby. You will need to care for it and nurture it for a few months but within a very short space of time, everything will go back to normal – except that you won’t be able to and won’t want to eat like you used to.

If you are at all worried at any time about a clinical matter, call your team. That is what they are there for and nothing you ask will be too ‘simple’.

You are on the road to a happier and healthier life and I for one am so excited to see you flourish 🙂

Doodah x

treeza

Hi how are you? I hope your recovering well & taking great care of yourself x

wilkin47

Hello Treeza
    Day 4 and I am now knowing what a journey this is going to be. Had my first experience of dumping yesterday. I was going by the information provided by the hospital but you were right about slim fast and I had angel delight sugar free as well. Sweaty, palpitations, headache and feeling sick and very unwell. Now just having warm milk at the moment and that’s fine. Just want my new stomach to start working properly as still have a lot of wind pain. I know it is early days but can see how you can get down about things. Had a lovely visit from friend today and we had a good laugh. Good news lost 3kg since Saturday though.

Thanks for all the support it is really appreciated by you all. Juliaxx

treeza

Oh shame Julia. I’m so sorry you experienced dumping! I’ve only had it once so far I think. It’s true what they say once you’ve had it you’ll do anything not to have another!
    Day 3 or 4 wasn’t a good day for me a mixture of anaesthetic blues, wind & settling into new way of eating! Our poor bodies are thinking what on earth is going on! That’s why Doodah says be kind to yourself! I think the rule with sugar is under 5 or 6 grams per 100g! How terrible I can’t remember if it’s 5 or 6!!!

Your gut has been re plumbed so everything is a bit sluggish so wind is an issue but it does improve. Let it out when you can!!! I’m afraid my poor family just look at me now! Better out than in! I think I could fart for England! Hehe! Sorry maybe too much info?! Just want you to know its normal.

Anyway wishing you quick healing. Sending you a virtual hug xxx

treeza

Maybe it’s 4? Can anyone help? Crikey my brain won’t work. I just can’t remember?! Sorry. Oh dear!

nuttygirl

It’s 5g or less per 100g. 🙂

If you can’t stand to drink peppermint tea, suck some sugar free polo mints to ease the trapped wind. The first couple of weeks are hard going that’s for sure but the time goes quickly and before you know it you can progress to the puréed stage and then not long after it’s the soft food stage. I was over the moon when I finally got to eating soft food as I have never liked soup, lol.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media