Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

2 years since operation.

Home » Topics » Surgical Journey » The Gastric Bypass Operation » 2 years since operation.

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    treeza

Hi All

Well today unbelievably I’m 2 years post bypass & what can I say but that it was one of the best decision I’ve ever made. I was once told by a Dr I was slowly committing suicide harsh but I think sadly true. Emotionally I’d been in a bad place for a long time thinking that food could fill the crater left in my heart & soul after losing my Dad, sister, brother & numerous other close family & friends. In reality what I needed to do was stop killing myself & start living again.

I suddenly realised just over 2 year ago that I was going to die if I didn’t do something. All sounds very dramatic but it’s the truth. I contacted the lovely Mr Pring & the rest is history.

I’ve had a few stumbling blocks along the way & believe me it has been an “easy ride” like everything thinks!! People have actually said I’ve taken the easy way!! I however know the truth that emotionally, mentally and physically it’s HARD! But worth it.

My life has changed in so many ways for the better I sometimes have to pinch myself. If I’m honest it’s been the so called little things that have impacted me more some still make me smile both outwardly & inwardly.

Sitting on any kind of chair – I think I’ve just about done them all. Thankfully I fitted in them all & they didn’t break. I no longer have to worry if they have arms!!
    No seat belt extension on aeroplanes.
    Going into “normal” clothes shops & fitting the clothes.
    Going to the cinema/theatre – boy have I made up for lost time.
    Not having rude comments thrown at me!!
    Not having to feed myself into my car.
    Fitting into any car!!
    Working a 13 hour shift without wanting to chop my legs & feet off (poor things). Still do ache a bit mind!
    No painful knee!
    Walking upstairs and can still breathe! Even talk if I want too hehe.

Oh my gosh the list goes on!!!

I’ve been pretty stuck for the past 6 months & I’m not exactly where I want to be but to be honest I’m fine for now. I’m taking its my body way of say enough for NOW! I’m hopeful it will start up again. My intention is to give it a good try again the month of August by going back to basics food wise, stricter on the fluid intake, stopping them 30 min pre & post eating (don’t always follow this rule) naughty naughty!! More exercise! I’d love to lose a stone in August as off to Italy to see hubby’s family who haven’t seen me since my biggest!!

To all my dear friends that I’ve meet prior & during my journey a huge THANK YOU. to all you newbies or soontobies I wish you all the very best. For me it’s been worth every bump in the road to be so much happier & healthier. Take care of yourselves please xxx

loulou19

Treeza – what a lovely and honest account of your journey. you are so right about the little things/achievements that make so much of a difference, most of which people take for granted.

Hope you have a great holiday in Italy, your relatives will be in for a huge surprise xx

Doodah
    Keymaster

@treeza 34151 wrote:

Hi All

Well today unbelievably I’m 2 years post bypass & what can I say but that it was one of the best decision I’ve ever made. I was once told by a Dr I was slowly committing suicide harsh but I think sadly true. Emotionally I’d been in a bad place for a long time thinking that food could fill the crater left in my heart & soul after losing my Dad, sister, brother & numerous other close family & friends. In reality what I needed to do was stop killing myself & start living again.

I suddenly realised just over 2 year ago that I was going to die if I didn’t do something. All sounds very dramatic but it’s the truth. I contacted the lovely Mr Pring & the rest is history.

I’ve had a few stumbling blocks along the way & believe me it has been an “easy ride” like everything thinks!! People have actually said I’ve taken the easy way!! I however know the truth that emotionally, mentally and physically it’s HARD! But worth it.

My life has changed in so many ways for the better I sometimes have to pinch myself. If I’m honest it’s been the so called little things that have impacted me more some still make me smile both outwardly & inwardly.

Sitting on any kind of chair – I think I’ve just about done them all. Thankfully I fitted in them all & they didn’t break. I no longer have to worry if they have arms!!
    No seat belt extension on aeroplanes.
    Going into “normal” clothes shops & fitting the clothes.
    Going to the cinema/theatre – boy have I made up for lost time.
    Not having rude comments thrown at me!!
    Not having to feed myself into my car.
    Fitting into any car!!
    Working a 13 hour shift without wanting to chop my legs & feet off (poor things). Still do ache a bit mind!
    No painful knee!
    Walking upstairs and can still breathe! Even talk if I want too hehe.

Oh my gosh the list goes on!!!

I’ve been pretty stuck for the past 6 months & I’m not exactly where I want to be but to be honest I’m fine for now. I’m taking its my body way of say enough for NOW! I’m hopeful it will start up again. My intention is to give it a good try again the month of August by going back to basics food wise, stricter on the fluid intake, stopping them 30 min pre & post eating (don’t always follow this rule) naughty naughty!! More exercise! I’d love to lose a stone in August as off to Italy to see hubby’s family who haven’t seen me since my biggest!!

To all my dear friends that I’ve meet prior & during my journey a huge THANK YOU. to all you newbies or soontobies I wish you all the very best. For me it’s been worth every bump in the road to be so much happier & healthier. Take care of yourselves please xxx

It has been a pleasure and a privilege watching you blossom. You are one of the kindest people I have ever met.

You are right about your body having a ‘holiday’. It has worked at 110% for you for ages and is just taking a little vacation lol. My plateau allowed by body to get strong again for the last lap of the race towards better health and life expectancy. I used the time to work on the psychological side of things. It’s when I first logged onto here! My goodness, it has become a lifeline for me. Like minded people who are honest but never unkind have been a major part of me coping with things.

I look forward to seeing you blossom even more, Treeza. Your post was typical of you – honest, candid and always injected with a large dose of humour!

Doodah x

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media