Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

2 years on

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ganny
    Participant

Hi All
    2 years ago today I had my bypass at St Richards,Chichester and here I am 11 stones lighter and still loosing. What a difference 2 years make, I have my life back, a life I never thought I would have. I am healthier, ok I have developed Reactive hypoglycaemia, but with the help of the dieticians and a tiny little tablet (that I had to fight for) I have it under control and thanks to the new diet my weight has started to shift again. My target was always to lose twelve and a half stones (half my body weight) and I am now on track to do that.
    I love the fact that I can now shop where ever I want and not just Evans. My daughter annouced last week that at the age of 40 she has just got engaged to her partner of 9 years and are planning to marry next year and instead of dreading about what am I going to find wear to fit the mother of the bride I am really looking forward to going shopping, just must remember not to outshine the bride lol.
    Have I ever regretted haveing the op NO, best decission I have ever made, I can now walk and talk without gasping for breath, my back doesn’t ache after standing for a couple on minutes. I can enjoy having fun with my grandchildren, swimming, soft play area, playing chase etc, everything I couldn’t do 2 years ago.
    Life could not be better, I have learnt to drive in the last year and I am thinking of going back into education this year, I may be 60 in 5 weeks time but I feel half that age and I am certainly not ready to stop having fun.
    Elaine xx

Deifersmum
    Participant

Hi Elaine
    Wow is it really two years since our ops, I can’t believe how quickly the time has flown by since we first met across the ward, what a difference 24 months make, and all for the better. I totally agree with everything you’ve said, I’ve just got in from taking the dogs for a walk, that was going to be a quick run round the field at 10 o’clock but we got home at just after 1 and I feel great, couldn’t have done that two years ago, I’d have had to have taken in the car to somewhere I could sit down and watch them play. I’m even wearing clothes a size smaller than my daughter, she’s borrowing from me know and, like you I’m enjoying going cloths shopping with my daughter now, its so much fun, I can’t believe we’ve missed out all these years.

Anway, well doen elaine, I’m so pround of you, keep up the good work and we will meet up for that coffee one day…

Take care
    Love of love
    Lesley

xxxx

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Ganny 28053 wrote:

Hi All
    2 years ago today I had my bypass at St Richards,Chichester and here I am 11 stones lighter and still loosing. What a difference 2 years make, I have my life back, a life I never thought I would have. I am healthier, ok I have developed Reactive hypoglycaemia, but with the help of the dieticians and a tiny little tablet (that I had to fight for) I have it under control and thanks to the new diet my weight has started to shift again. My target was always to lose twelve and a half stones (half my body weight) and I am now on track to do that.
    I love the fact that I can now shop where ever I want and not just Evans. My daughter annouced last week that at the age of 40 she has just got engaged to her partner of 9 years and are planning to marry next year and instead of dreading about what am I going to find wear to fit the mother of the bride I am really looking forward to going shopping, just must remember not to outshine the bride lol.
    Have I ever regretted haveing the op NO, best decission I have ever made, I can now walk and talk without gasping for breath, my back doesn’t ache after standing for a couple on minutes. I can enjoy having fun with my grandchildren, swimming, soft play area, playing chase etc, everything I couldn’t do 2 years ago.
    Life could not be better, I have learnt to drive in the last year and I am thinking of going back into education this year, I may be 60 in 5 weeks time but I feel half that age and I am certainly not ready to stop having fun.
    Elaine xx

Hi Elaine and congratulations on your 2nd oppiversary!

It’s posts like yours and Lesley’s that make me love my job SO much. I know what it has done for me so I love hearing the same experience being repeated over and over again by all you lovely people! I truthfully never get tired of hearing how well you are all doing. I’d also like to say a huge thank you to you for sharing it with us – it is so inspirational for the newbies.

Mother of the Bride looking FAB! Hope we get to see the photos! Running round with your Grandchildren must be one of the most rewarding things possible for any parent. I know I’m looking forward to it when it eventually happens. My kids show no signs whatsoever of settling down yet lol! However, they are not yet in their thirties so plenty of time…

Again, thank you all for sharing your amazing stories with us. You have worked HARD for your new lives and deserve all the benefits tat brings 🙂

Doodah x

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media