Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

2 more nights!

Home ยป Topics ยป Surgical Journey ยป Pre- Weight Loss Surgery ยป 2 more nights!

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    jimmyd

Hello. My name is Jim. Like most of us I’ve struggled with weight gain for many years. On liquid diet for today & tomorrow then surgery on Monday. I know there is tons I need to learn & lots of work I’ll need to do daily but I’m so excited to feel like I’ll a fighting chance. Anyone else getting banded on the 29th?

Flash71

Hi jimmy I’m still waiting to get my date, should be early part if next year, are u having bypass, where u having it done x

cupcake

Hi Jim, I only have two days left on the milk diet then I completed 14. I have my surgery on Tuesday at the clem I am having a bypass but would love to compare weight loss stories and keep in touch. Di

jimmyd

I’m getting the gastric band so I’m expecting the weight loss to be much slower than the bypass but hey, seems like my weight just kept creeping up all my life. As long as I’m losing weight I think I’ll be happy. Oh btw for some reason my insurance would only pay for the band so it feels like I “settled” but I’m hoping it’ll work for me. Fingers crossed! Lol. 24 hours from now I’ll be in the OR!

Flash71

Hi Jim I’m sure your weight loss will be great I too have suffered for years from over eating. I’m looking for to hearing how it all goes x

Hi Jim, All the best for your op,I am lucky cos i dont like milk much and I am a severe diabetic type 2,I am allowed a food diet, my bypass is on Nov 5th our 39th wedding anniversary in Manchester. so excited and nervous ,keep in touch let us know how you get on please.busygrandenise
    P S I should have had my bypass on Mon 5th nov but was called back to clinic yesday due to them finding I am annemic from pre-op test now op postponed and I have to have a camera down Monday instead to see if I have any serious probs,then they will reschedule,anyone else had similar trouble, really fed up now and disappointed ๐Ÿ™

flabulous

Best of luck with it Jim ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m being banded on the 19th November and am scared yet excited!
    Please let me know how you get on ๐Ÿ™‚ Good luck!! ๐Ÿ™‚

jimmyd

Thanks Everyone. Surgery went well but have lots of pain. But they ended up repairing a large hernia also & I know that’s a big part of my problem. Hope everyone else did well

Lauren
    Keymaster

Hi Jim and welcome to the friendliest place on earth!

Sorry I wasn’t here earlier but I’ve been on leave.

How’s the pain? Is it the wind pain high up in your shoulders? If it is, gentle walking and peppermint tea is the order of the day (combined with letting it go when needed!) If not, don’t hesitate to contact your clinical team – it’s what they are there for after all!

Looking forwards to hearing all about your journey back to better health and happiness.

Doodah x

jimmyd

Haven’t been on here in awhile. I’m doing good. 1st fill on the 11th!

Lauren
    Keymaster

Jim, nice to see you back here. First fill is absolutely painless (I have it in very good authority!) and over in minutes. Let us know how you get on.

Doodah x

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media