Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

2 months post op

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    ebaa

Hi everyone im new to this site and a relatively new post op bypass patient . I am now almost 2 months post op i lost 3 stone in the 1st month but this month not a lot seems to be happening could it be because I’m not eating enough I haven’t felt hungry so have been missing out snacks and just having 3 meals a day ? I am now swimming a couple of times a week so thought the weight loss would continue at the same rate and to be honest feel a little bit down and disappointed with this months results . Has anyone else gone thru this ? X

katy

Hi
    I’m katy. I had my op on the 5th march and have lost nearly 7.5 stone. Don’t worry about the weight loss slowing, it can be discouraging but I have been stuck at 13 stone for three weeks and then I stepped on the scales this morning and am 12st 4. It seems to go like this for me and there is often no rhyme or reason for getting stuck, then it all seems to come off in a big chunk!
    I struggle to fit snacks in most days but I do try and have a handful of nuts or a few dates/raisins when I can. I had all my nutritional bloods checked last week and they were normal so I must be doing something right!
    I think because we expect with the bypass that we are going to lose weight rapidly, that a couple of slow weeks can be disheartening but you will get there!
    Katy

Heya… Exactly what Katy said and also sometimes we don’t loose weight but we do inches.. So keep thinking what your clothes feel like… I was a little dissapointed today with 8 pounds in a month so I made myself think of all my lovely new size 18 tops… Felt a lot better xxx

Ganny
    Participant

Hi,
    As now nearly 16 months post bypass, I have been all through what you are going through the now. First the weight just drops off you and then it slows down, then you will find that it will drop off again. Don’t worry about it, it is just the way your body copes with the drastic weigh lost and as said you will find that you will be loosing inches instead. I still struggle to eat my snacks as I was never someone who ate in between meals when I was big,(just ate really big meals lol), now what I do do is make sure my main meals have everything in them what the body needs ie protein etc and if I do snack maybe after I have been to the gym or exercising at home and I have just started to power walk I will have a banana and lots of fluid. Had my annual blood check done a few weeks agao and all was good so like Katy I must be doing something right. I have now lost nearly 11 stones and the weight lost has really slowed down and I am fighting for every pound that I lose, it has taken me from April to last week to lose 7lbs but I really don’t mind that as I have only about a stone and a half to go and I will be where I want to be and for the first time in my life I can truely say with my hand on my heart that I will do it. So don’t be disappointed and dishearten, think of how far you have come so far and you are only at the start of this amazing journey, it will only get better.
    Elaine xx

Lauren
    Keymaster

It’s so confusing isn’t it? We put weight ON so regularly that we hardly even notice it but because we are watching every ounce/gram when it’s coming off I think we can often get totally obsessed!

Mine too came off very regularly for the first 10st but then in dribs and sometimes quite hefty drabs for the last 5st. So it would appear to be quite normal as most other people who have had wls say the same.

As for your question about eating – you really must try your hardest to eat on a regular basis, even if it’s tiny amounts. It will set your habits right for the rest of your life for one thing and also keep your metabolism ticking over properly. It like keeping a fire going.

Hope you manage to find a way to keep topping up both your fluids and food – it’s a right old juggling act I know but it will soon become habit if you persist with it ;-))

Doodah x

ebaa

Thankyou everyone I thought perhaps I was doing something wrong !!! I am going to try & manage the snacks better and keep on top of the fluid intake. !! On the plus side I am absolutely thrilled with the weight loss so far and the drop in clothes size and can honestly say its the best thing I could’ve done for me and my husband and 2 kids !!! Thanks again x

Lauren
    Keymaster

Your weight loss so far is absolutely brillaint. You must feel on top of the world! It’s just the beginning too 🙂 Really looking forward to hearing about all your ‘firsts’ – things you have always wanted to do but your weight held you back.

Doodah x

ebaa

Yes me too an absolute must is to take the kids swimming in the summer holidays !!!! And go bike riding in the new forest with them !!! I’ve had a much better day today !!! I’ve looked thru this site and found lots of really useful info I think I’ll be becoming more of a regular visitor !!! X

Lauren
    Keymaster

@ebaa 24555 wrote:

Yes me too an absolute must is to take the kids swimming in the summer holidays !!!! And go bike riding in the new forest with them !!! I’ve had a much better day today !!! I’ve looked thru this site and found lots of really useful info I think I’ll be becoming more of a regular visitor !!! X

Now THAT we love to hear.

It’s amazing how, during the course of your weight loss, you become more and more knowledgeable about how wls works and eventually end up passing it all on the other newbies. It’s a perfectly symbiotic system!! There are always new ‘experts’ to whom new people can turn for support and advice. Just like you are now – you will be helping people in the future. It’s brilliant.

Bike riding in the New Forest sounds amazing! I live not too far from it and have always wanted to do it but my arthritis makes it difficult. Maybe I should be trying to source a tandem….? LOL!

ebaa

A tandem or one of those carts they attach to the back of bikes !!!! Travel in style !!! X 40 lengths of the local pool this morning – was gonna go out of town but beat the nerves kept my towel ’til the last minute then went for it hahaha !!! It seems I’m losing my inhibitions as I’m losing the pounds !!! Today is a good day apart from the fact that I’m just about to tackle my 8 year old daughters room – that apparently isn’t messy it’s her “style”???? If I haven’t posted in a couple of days please send a search party ……….. Happy day everyone x

Lauren
    Keymaster

Hahaha!! Love your daughter’s reasoning!

40 lengths!! You’ll be doing a David Walliams next! Blimey, I’m so impressed.

Doodah x

ebaa

Yahoo !!!!! I’ve done !!!!!! I’ve just been on my 1st bike ride with my kids !!!!! It was fantastic – kids still beaming now (actually so am I) now back down to earth with a bump an afternoon of housework and ironing ! Another thing to tick off my “I will do that when I lose weight” list !!! X

Lauren
    Keymaster

@ebaa 24984 wrote:

Yahoo !!!!! I’ve done !!!!!! I’ve just been on my 1st bike ride with my kids !!!!! It was fantastic – kids still beaming now (actually so am I) now back down to earth with a bump an afternoon of housework and ironing ! Another thing to tick off my “I will do that when I lose weight” list !!! X

That is absolutely fantastic ebaa. thank you so much for sharing it with us. What a lovely thought to carry through to the weekend. I’m beaming too 😀

Doodah x

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media