Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

1st day of 7 on milk diet

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    joanne21

Hi,

I have done my 1st day on the milk diet today and have found it really hard! How am i going to manage it for the next 6 days? I keep telling myself its only short term and why i’am doing it but i still just want to eat something. Its amazing how much i eat with out realising it, even just making sure the kids dinners isn’t to hot to feed them.
    I’am sure i will get to grips with it, just wanted to know if anyone else struggled as much as i’am?

Jo xx

Nettie

Hi Jo,
    You are not alone, we all struggle to begin with, you are one of the lucky ones only having to do 7 days. Good luck and keep us posted.
    Nettie xx

Irene

Hi Jo,
    Day 1 can be hard, but remember the first day of any diet? That was hard too. It gets easier. I did it for 14 days and actually enjoyed it. The results are soooooo worth it. Keep with girl and welcome to the losers bench.

kathc

Hi Jo

I wrote a post exactly the same 3 months ago ! I also did it for 14 days ! It was hard I won’t lie but it did get easier . I liked the baked bean spoon one night serving my kids dinner and felt awful and confessed to my surgeon who said that was ok !! Good luck stay focused on the end result and just post post post away on here . I did alot on my milk diet was nice feeling there were other ppl who knew what I was going through .

K
    X x

Sent from my iPhone using WLS FORUM

joanne21

Thank you so much for your support. I’am sat here eating my jelly as i write! and to be honest i don’t feel to bad now. The worst time is in the afternoon when i’am in with the kids and they seem to want to eat constantly! I think i will have to get out with them tomorrow to take my mind off of food. It really does help talking on here…..everybody is so supportive.
    Will let you know how i get on tomorrow.

Jo xxxx

hides

Hi jo
    Just think it will all be over this time next week. Cant lie i found the liver diet difficult at times, but you know it’s for a reason. You have to keep reminding yourself , and distract yourself from the kitchen. Easier said then done, with 2 small kiddies….. You need a couple of long baths, and early nights, and before you know the week will have gone. You can do it flower.
    I’m 2weeks on now, and doing ok. My only problem is , i’m fed up with mash……… Lol

Heidi.

Doodah
    Keymaster

@kathc 20173 wrote:

Hi Jo

I wrote a post exactly the same 3 months ago ! I also did it for 14 days ! It was hard I won’t lie but it did get easier . I liked the baked bean spoon one night serving my kids dinner and felt awful and confessed to my surgeon who said that was ok !! Good luck stay focused on the end result and just post post post away on here . I did alot on my milk diet was nice feeling there were other ppl who knew what I was going through .

K
    X x

LOL! @ licking the baked bean spoon and feeling guilty!

joanne21

Thanks Heidi,
    Today has been better although i did pick while making my husbands lunch for tomorrow! I could kick my self as soon as i do it….its so hard. You are right though, i went to bed early last night and by the time the weekend comes it won’t be long till Tuesday.I have been having headaches since doing this, i have been drinking lots of fluids, has anybody else suffered with this? Glad you are doing okay,i have been reading your threads and advice from nettie, which must be a great help.It must be hard thinking what you can eat. Have you lost any more weight this week?

Jo xx

Nettie

Hi Jo,
    Keep up the good work, it’s so hard but definitely worth it, are you having a band or bypass?
    Nettie xx

Nettie

Heidi,

I’m stuck on mash too honey so we are in it together, I’ve just made leek and potato cheesy bake it’s lovely with worcester sauce but it’s not going down very well 🙁 – the weight should be falling off at the moment with the little that goes in and stays in!

Nettie xx

Nettie

@kathc 20173 wrote:

Hi Jo

K
    X x

Ha Ha Katherine,

I remember the baked bean spoon incident well, I was so much worse than you but confessed nothing lol!!

Nettie xx

Deifersmum
    Participant

Hi Jo

I definietly agree with everyone else on here, it goes get better, it amazing what you find to try and take your mind off eating, I found a two year old cross stitch that I hadn’t started, I think it was a christmas pressent, but it got me through a few dodgy evenings before it was time for bed, there are only so many times you can wallow in the bath without permanently pruning….. I did the milk diet for two weeks, sunday was the worst, I do love my roast dinner but, the end result is so worth it. I adapted it to make sure I had everything at meal times so I didn’t feel deprived and ate with the family, used the jelly as a desert and for ‘snacks’, but there again I don’t have small children so didnt’ the same temptation you have. Good luck Joanne and keep up the good work, it really is sooooo worth it.

Keep up the good work Joanne and we’ll meet on the losers bench.

Take care
    Love
    Lesley
    xxxx

luckyflower

Hi Jo, i did it for two weeks and then a further week later on (long story) anyway it gets easier and I constantly reminded myself that I was shrinking my liver to make op quicker and easier. Try having drink same time children eat, I have young children and not eating their meals is the first step to success! All the best on your journey!

hides

Hi jo
    The headaches are common, been told this is down to sugar withdrawal, ( not sure if it’s true, but made sense to me).
    I did feel hungry most of the time, but just kept sipping on water. And it did pay off, a 12 lb loss to start my journey. Since being out i’ve lost another 6/7 lbs, ( depending on the scales….. Ha ha). I am pleased, but i cant lie, i did think it would be slightly more, cos my intake is lower then the liver diet. So i guess your head tells you , the less you eat, more should come off……. But my body has different ideas.

Found myself eating 2 biscuits yesterday, so the willpower has to kick in now….. So much better then i was before thou, so i’m just thinking each little step will help in the long term goal. ( the old days i would eat at least 2 choc bars , and 2 bags of crisps, plus the high cal/fat dinner)….. So hopefully it will start to move again soon.

Keep up the good work, another day has nearly gone…… Positive, positive my friend.
    Heidi x

Nettie

The headaches are definitely down to the sugar withdrawal or to give it more scientific name it is your body moving to the state of Ketosis, when we are in Ketosis our blood sugar levels stabalise because we are not producing sugar from the carbs we eat. Ketosis is the state our body goes into when we are on the Atkins diet, it means that the body is able to burn fat rather than the sugar produced from carbs, well that’s my understanding of it anyway, I’m sure someone far clever than me will correct me if I’m wrong though!! Hope that helps.

Nettie xx

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media