Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

1st Band Fill

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    twinladyuk

Hello!
    I’m due for my first fill next Saturday and have to be honest that I’m getting very nervous! By nervous I mean absolutely terrified!
    I’m not scared about what I can and can’t eat after but of the procedure itself! I can just feel the port and it seems to be very deep. Is it going to hurt and is it going to be very sore after?
    Thanks
    Karen

Paul-H
    Participant

Hi

Everyone is different but I suspect that as long as the port is still in its original place and not twisted a band fill is little more than an injection, because that’s all it is. The only time people normally have issues is if the port has moved and they have to start digging around to find it. Most of the time they are in place and fine so don’t worry to much at this point, the odds are on your side that you will be fine.

All the best

Paul

cupcake

Hi Karen, I have had lots of band fills and trust me you will be fine. All you feel is a small scratch from the needle (just like a small injection) It does not hurt and you do not feel the fluid going into the band. The discomfort lasts a few seconds once you have had your first you will wonder why you worried. Hey you have been through the surgery this is a breeze. All the best my lovely. Di

twinladyuk

Thanks for your replies. I do feel reassured and as you said I made it though the op itself!
    I guess I will be better after as it is a fear of the unknown! There have obviously been lots of firsts and I even made it out for a meal with friends and then the cinema last night! I ordered we’ll – onion soup with no crouton or cheese! I manages about half of the portion and that was all! Cinema was great! Highly recommend James Bond, Skyfall.
    Thanks again,
    Karen

skinnysoup

How long after your op did you have your first fill?

I am flying to new york 4 weeks after my op next week for 3 days will it be before of after??

xx

twinladyuk

Hello!

My band surgery was 3 and a half weeks ago and my first fill is this Sat. When I get filled I will be just under 4 weeks from the op.
    I’m feeling ready for the fill – everything has settled down and I have my appetite back. I’m controlling it with will power and following all the guidelines but I know it will be easier after the fill.

Karen x

sharlotte

Hi Karen,

I’ve got my fill today and can’t wait!!! I’m very ready for it, and the next phase of weight loss! I’ve lost 1 st 7lbs so far 🙂
    Good luck tomorrow, let me know how u get on.
    Sharlotte xxx

cupcake

Hi Karen,cupcake here. Forgive me if I have got this wrong but I am thinking it is tomorrow for your band fill. Since our last chat I completed the milk diet without cheating (unless you call licking a pringle then throwing it away cheating) and Have had my surgery with Mr Shaw Somers on Tuesday teatime. I was lucky because we live aroung 160miles away he let me home Thursday for good behavior. I now start my new life with a bypass. Hopefully we can keep in touch and encourage each other. Di

twinladyuk

Hi Ladies!

Good to know that we all have each other five us support! Well done cupcake on not cheating the mill diet and hope that your recovery is quick!
    Sharlotte – how did you get on today? Was it painful?

Will let you know how it goes for me tomorrow!

Think thin and heathy thoughts

Karen x

sharlotte

Hi Karen,

It was surprisingly fine and very quick! A little bit of digging for the port but no pain at all :-))))
    Feeling a little delicate now but I’m not hungry woo hoo, nxt fill in 2 weeks which was sooner than I thought but I’m happy with that!!! Thinking thin 🙂 xxx

twinladyuk

Hey Sharlotte

Glad it went well – makes me feel less terrified for tomorrow!! Can’t wait to feel not hungry as an not sure how much longer the will power will work for!!
    What are you able to eat now? Liquids or straight on to mushy food?
    Karen x

sharlotte

Hi Karen,

They encouraged me to eat normal foods but just chew chew chew!!!! Although I did have soup last night!!!
    Planning on scrambled egg on toast this morning! We’ll see.
    Good luck today, let me know how u get on!!!
    Xxx

twinladyuk

All filled! I now have 2.5ml of restriction. It was also fine and I obviously worried over nothing!
    I’ve was told I need liquids for 2 days, sloppy food for 2 days and then back to normal foods.
    Since starting the milk diet I’ve lost 2st 6lb and am thrilled with that! The swelling in my legs has almost gone and I can nearly go upstairs without getting breathless!
    Thinking thin thoughts,
    Karen x

hides

Hello ladies 🙂 glad to hear the fills went well. Told you everything would be better in a few weeks. 🙂

2 1/2 stone loss is brilliant, give yourself a pat on the back.

‘Thinking thin’ , i’m loving this, it’s my new saying …… Ha ha .

Heidi x

Lauren
    Keymaster

So pleased it went well Karen and you are no longer anxious about it. Your weight loss so far is phenominal! Keep up the brilliant work and share it with us! We have new people joining all the time so it helps them enormously to hear how other people’s wls went.

Doodah x

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media