Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

16th January 2015

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Lelly

Has anyone got their appointment letter though for their MDT Clinic (where we are told whether or not we are being accepted for WLS), mine is Friday 16th January 2015 and I was wondering who else is going that day?

Lauren
    Keymaster

Hope someone else will be there with you. I have made lifelong friends from my time in hospital and the subsequent ‘journey’.

Doodah x

Lelly

I know it sounds daft but I am so excited….about an operation, I know, I know, I sound like a right muppet :O)

treeza

You don’t sound like a muppet Hun. We all understand as we have all likely been right where you are. I was very excited mixed with a load of anxiety. I just knew it was the right thing for me to do. You are at the very start of an amazing journey. There will be ups & downs but it will be worth it x take care x

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Lelly 32860 wrote:

I know it sounds daft but I am so excited….about an operation, I know, I know, I sound like a right muppet :O)

I’m excited FOR you so goodness knows how excited you must be feeling!

I have always said it and always meant it – this is the best bit. It truly is like waiting for Christmas.

when I got the go ahead from Shaw Somers, I walked out of the room and into the waiting area. My daughter said she know that instant that the news was good as I had the biggest smile on my face she had seen for many, many years. I’d been given one last chance to change my life forever. My goodness, I grabbed hold of it and never let go!! It will be the same for you. Woo Hoo!!

Doodah x

Lelly

Thank you Treeza and Doodah, you are right, this hopefully will be the start of a fantastic journey, I realise that there will be ups and downs but at present there are just downs, I want to be truly happy and not just putting a happy face on for others. This is definitely a zippity doodah moment, I just hope my balloon is not burst in January when I have my assessment.

Lauren
    Keymaster

Think positive thoughts! It sounds daft but if you have a positive mindset, you can deal with anything life throws at you. That’s not to say that we should all go around in complete denial that anything bad could ever happen, just that whatever life throws at us, we can find a way to deal with it – eventually.

One of the things I have learned this year (in one of the worst years I have had in decades) is that people genuinely want to help you when life is being ‘difficult’ – so let them. My friends have been my life jacket when I thought I might drown this year. Work colleagues too. When people hold out a hand to help, take it.

Doodah x

We are all rooting for you Lelly x

Kimberly
    Participant

Fingers, toes and every thing cross for you .exciting

Lauren
    Keymaster

Another day done!

Doodah x

Lelly

So sorry that you have had a horrible year Doodah :O( xx

Lelly

Thank you Kimberly x

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Lelly 32875 wrote:

So sorry that you have had a horrible year Doodah :O( xx

Aw thank you my lovely, but I meant another day ticked off until your appointment! I’m excited for you.

Doodah x

Kimberly
    Participant

Thank you thinking of you as you wait for your appointment . Xx are your family supportive ? Are you able to attend a WLS support group locally ? Just think what could be helpful for you . Ask any question here and we will all try and help

Lelly

@Kimberly 32881 wrote:

Thank you thinking of you as you wait for your appointment . Xx are your family supportive ? Are you able to attend a WLS support group locally ? Just think what could be helpful for you . Ask any question here and we will all try and help

Thank you poppet, my family are very supportive and I know two people who have had the gastric bypass done at St Richards who are excited for me, I am beside myself now as I have booked the hotel and the kennels, yippee!!!!

Lauren
    Keymaster

We have a support group in Portsmouth if you are interested in coming along. Do don’t have to wait until you have had surgery. many of our members started coming before they had even made up their minds whether or not to have wls!

It is on the third thursday of every month at the Holiday inn Express, Gunwharf Quays at 19:30. You will be made very, very welcome by us all.

Doodah x

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media