Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

12 week update

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #30866
    Deifersmum
    Participant

    :grouphug:Hi All

    Well do I have some news, I had my 12 week appointment today, with the dietician and so far, from 28th January 2011 to date, I have lost over 4 and a half stone, I am absolutely amazed. I really thought I was going to have put some on as I haven’t been well the last two week, had a bout of gastroenteritis and it’s completely knocked me for six, even to the point of going back to basics with my eating, because the effects otherwise were not pleasant.

    Anyway, wanted to share my news with all my mates on the forum, I know what Tigger felt now how all he wanted to do was bounce, yipeeeeeeeeeeeee !!!!!!

    Thanks for all your help and support, and here’s to the next three months..

    Lots of love
    Lesley
    xxxxx

    #45773
    Emily.p
    Member

    Well done so please for you keep it up!

    Emily xx

    #45781
    ruby tuesday
    Member

    That is just wonderful, well done you, whoop, whoop! x

    #45770
    Deifersmum
    Participant

    thanks Emily and Ruby

    How are you both doing, this is such an amazing journey.

    Love
    Lesley
    xxx

    #45772
    Irene
    Member

    Wow Lesley, Thats amazing.
    It’s a great feeling isn’t it.
    Well done
    x

    #45774
    Emily.p
    Member

    I’m doing extremely well lost 5 stone and eating as well as I could be and not struggling at all so I’m very lucky.

    Emily xx

    #45779
    sonia kidman
    Member

    Lesley

    That is fantastic I know what you mean about Tigger :O)
    Iam so happy for you,I have to say that this op is the best thing in the whole world it makes us want to live again and get out into the world and say HELLO world.
    Take Care
    Sonia x

    #45780
    tinkly_roars
    Member

    Congratulations Lesley – what a fantastic weight loss. I bet you can’t even imagine what you’ll be looking like in another 3 months time….how exciting!!

    Tinks x

    #45777
    Ganny
    Participant

    Hi Lesley,
    Sorry I missed you yesterday at the Loxwood, but I ended up having a really lovely day. I have lost an amazing 66lb (4 stone and 10lb) and I feel really good, so much healthier. Had a good report from dietitcian doing every thing right, getting plenty of protein even though I am off meat ( been told must keep trying though) and the only thing I have got wrong is that I have been having 1 scoop of low fat ice cream that is a “no no” so no more ice cream. Met up with the lovely Irene went and had a coffee and a good chat and then up to the ward where the lovely Andrea was and had a chat with her and the ladies that were in so all in all a really pleasant day out.
    Elaine.xx
    PS well done on your weight loss as well xx

    #45782
    Fenella
    Member

    @Ganny 16665 wrote:

    Hi Lesley,
    and the only thing I have got wrong is that I have been having 1 scoop of low fat ice cream that is a “no no” so no more ice cream.PS well done on your weight loss as well xx

    Well done Lesley – how gratifying. Why is low fat ice cream such a no-no is it because it is a slippage food? I have some diabetic ice cream (low fat and low sugar) in the freezer and have had maybe two dessert spoons in 3.5 weeks. I don’t have a sweet tooth anyway but it hasn’t made me want to eat it all!

    #45778
    Ganny
    Participant

    Hi ,
    I don’t know why it is a “no no” was just told yesterday by the dietitcian that it was along with the diabetic ice cream so I shall be leaving it alone from now on. Must say though I did not have any reaction to it.
    Elaine xx

    #45775
    Emily.p
    Member

    I have had a couple of spoons of this freedom ice cream I found and its gone down fine but make sure I onlt have a tiny amount and I think I have had it twice since my op 12 weeks ago. I have my appointment next week so will see what she says to me.

    Emilyxx

    ps Well done Elaine on your weight loss!

    #45768
    Doodah
    Keymaster

    @Deifersmum 16637 wrote:

    :grouphug:Hi All

    Well do I have some news, I had my 12 week appointment today, with the dietician and so far, from 28th January 2011 to date, I have lost over 4 and a half stone, I am absolutely amazed. I really thought I was going to have put some on as I haven’t been well the last two week, had a bout of gastroenteritis and it’s completely knocked me for six, even to the point of going back to basics with my eating, because the effects otherwise were not pleasant.

    Anyway, wanted to share my news with all my mates on the forum, I know what Tigger felt now how all he wanted to do was bounce, yipeeeeeeeeeeeee !!!!!!

    Thanks for all your help and support, and here’s to the next three months..

    Lots of love
    Lesley
    xxxxx

    Couldn’t be more pleased for you!!! Well done Lesley, you are doing absolutely brilliantly. No wonder you feel like Tigger. So happy for you xx

    #45771
    Deifersmum
    Participant

    Hi Guys

    Thanks you so much for your kind word and support. I’ve been having walls low fat ice cream, one very small scope and two sliced strawberries as a desert very occasionally and had not adverse effects and I must admit, I think it all in the mind but if I know I can have some I don’t, does that make sense to anyone out there ? !!!!

    Sorry I missed you yesterday Elaine, we were in and out in no time and Phil took me for shoes and lunch, in that order. Great news on the weight loss, well done you.

    Anyway, thanks again for everything and speak to you all soon.

    Love
    Lesley
    xxx

    #45769

    @Ganny 16665 wrote:

    Hi Lesley,
    Sorry I missed you yesterday at the Loxwood, but I ended up having a really lovely day. I have lost an amazing 66lb (4 stone and 10lb) and I feel really good, so much healthier. Had a good report from dietitcian doing every thing right, getting plenty of protein even though I am off meat ( been told must keep trying though) and the only thing I have got wrong is that I have been having 1 scoop of low fat ice cream that is a “no no” so no more ice cream. Met up with the lovely Irene went and had a coffee and a good chat and then up to the ward where the lovely Andrea was and had a chat with her and the ladies that were in so all in all a really pleasant day out.
    Elaine.xx
    PS well done on your weight loss as well xx

    FANTASTIC WELL DONE YOU
    and gr8 to know you are doing it right
    way 2 go
    glad to hear you are stoppping the ice cream too
    VERY IMPRESSED INDEED GOOD NEWS!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Search Forums

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media