Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

12 week band check up.

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    hides

Well hello everyone, so i’m 12 weeks down the line, and i’m a very happy lady. Had a check up today, no fill needed.

Lost 2and a half stone, now gone from morbidly obese to severely obese, (i know it’s still bad, BUT it’s going in the right direction).

I’m still learning, BIG TIME, eat too much, run to the toilet…. Eat too much of the wrong stuff, stomach cramps for an hour, but the good thing is i have no regrets.

Need a kick up the arse thou, I need to exercise, so come on guys , kick away. …… Lol
    Feeling good today.
    Heidi.

pgoldsmith

Well done hides we are only a few days off each other have lost around the same, but not getting much restriction, but trying hard not to be naughty. Sounds like ur close to ur sweet spot on the fills, just thing how much quicker the weight will come off with exercise, I like a quick bike ride and a swim the odd day, just a nice long walk now and again is a start!!

hides

Hi paul
    I will start my exercise with a walk round my village, and i hope to build it up from there.

I’m going back in 2 weeks for another weigh in and maybe just a quarter ml fill. I really dont think i could take much more. I guess my will power will have to kick in alittle more from now on. But my head thoughts are slowly changing……

Set myself a goal of just 1 lb a week. I go away for girlie hol in 26 weeks, so that will make me almost another 2 stone off, which means i wont be the biggest of our group…… Now this may mean nothing to you Paul, but to use ladies it does….. Lol

Best wishes
    Hides

Pauline

well done on your weight loss so far Hides !, I am 11 days away from having my band done at gatwick spire, am currently on the pre-op diet, not milk diet as i dont drink milk, so reading your updates are soo valuable to me along with the other excellent posts on here.

I know how you feel about the exercise ! i,m awfull my husband always says to me that I would drive around the aisles in asda if i could !! but starting with a walk is excellent, a cardiac rehab friend of mine started with 5 mins a day, then 10 mins etc and is walking 5 miles now without any problem, gradual build up with regularity is important i feel..

as for the girlie holiday how exciting ! you will feel so much fitter and more confident which will boost your self esteem so much there will be no stopping you ! would love to know what you are managing to eat in a typical day

best wishes

Pauline

ruby tuesday

Well done Hides, good weight loss, great to hear all is well with you, and that you are looking at a girlie time away. I agree with Pauline, even a regular walk is a good start, swimming if you can make yourself go and you enjoy it, but even just building up a little walk around your area so it gradually increases will give you a great sense of achievement, and I know motivating ourselves can be hard, but just think to yourself that you are trying to increase your fittness, and help tone as the weight comes off. best wishes

ruby tuesday

Pauline, I wish you well for your band op, and look forward to hearing how you are doing afterwards, and new year and a new you, how exciting! xx

Doodah
    Keymaster

Absolutely any amount of exercise is better than none! Maybe you could volunteer to walk someone’s dog? that’s actuall quite a sociable thing to do as dog walkers are generally very friendly people: I guess because there is always something to talk about -the dogs!!

I have two of my own and having to get out to walk them is a great way to make sure you stick to it 🙂

Doodah xx

hides

Hello guys
    Thank you so much for all your comments, and support. I will start with the walking, and try to build that up. Like the idea of swimming, just not very fast, but i will look at the timeable , and see what mornings they offer….. Thanks.

Good luck pauline, please keep us updated.
    Best wishes
    Heidi. X

Doodah
    Keymaster

I started with swimming, well, floundering as I’m not the strongest swimmer in the world! I also did aqua aerobics which was great fun in the summer but just too cold for me in the winter. I have a gym standard exercise bike at home which is brilliant for getting on even if I only have 15 mins to spare. It’s kind on my joints and doesn’t take up too much space. I’ve heard others rave about Zumba too. It’s not for me (spinal injury) but I so wish I could do it. That’s the good thing about wls: it opens up so many new options to us.

Doodah x

hides

Oh doodah, you made me laugh…… Zumba, i can just about co-ordinate my feet for walking…..lol. (although i know there is a size 10 pole dancer inside me somewhere….) And i too have an exercise bike, well i think that’s what’s under the pile of clothes in the sare room….. I’ll get sorted, dust that off and like you say, a little this week, will make it easier next.

Hope all is well with you.
    Heidi. X

vickihayling

I learnt the hard way how important excercise is. From Feb to November last year I lost 7 stone with my band and was swimming 3 times a week. Then my gym membership ran out and I had a few special birthday treats and Xmas and guess what …..absolutely zero weight loss for 2 months. Since 1st January I renewed the gym and now swim 3 times a week again and have cut out any treats ….. result another stone lost in 17 days! So Hides I hope this is the encouragement you need – get yer bum moving. P.S you are doing fabulously, well done X

hides

Ouch vic, my bum is stinging from that kick……… Ha ha,
    Thanks, just what i needed to get myself focused again. Will put into action…..

Heidi. X

hides

P.s. wow what a weight loss…… That is just brilliant….
    I did the nibbles over christmas and did gain a pound or two, but have lost it and three more but i am finding it hard to get back on track. My goal is half a stone a month, so little steps…….. But i will take the swimming up to give me a boost.
    Best wishes
    Heidi.

Doodah
    Keymaster

Hi Hides.

I think swimming is the very best exercise as it is cheap, painless and effective. Hope you soon get back to where you want to be hon.

Doodah x

Gayle

I’ve started swimming again today and really enjoyed it. Also started back on wii fit training and got the exerbeat game! Bloody brilliant! Can do as much or little as you want. Just tell it what your target is and how long you’ve got and it create an exercise plan. Living it. Tried Zumba! All I can say about that is thank god I was alone or I would have had everyone laughing! I obviously haven’t got the moves I once had on the dance floor as a teenager!! Lol

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media