Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

12 days post op

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Sunset

Well i am on day 12 after my gastric bypass and i have to say i am feeling so good. I was really suprised by how little pain i was in. Had some really nice ladies on the ward with me which helped a lot, so thanks to Rachael, Sue, Kirsty and Monica.Hope yr all feeling well. It was really nice to meet Irene when she came in and she was a great inspiration to me, so thankyou Irene.
    I do have one little question and hope someone can help, i have been told to look at 3g of fat per 100g and 5g of sugar in 100g.So if i have something thats has say 20g of sugar in 100g and i am eating only 20g is this still ok. Sorry if its a bit muddled but i know what i mean.lol.

ruby tuesday

Sunset, have been wondering how you were, Irene told us she had been in, so glad you are doing well, and it is amazing how little pain we get isn’t it! Unfortunately maths is my weak point, so I can’t help with your question, and I only had natural food initially not anything ready made, so never had to work things like that out, but I am sure someone will be able to help. Looking forward to hearing what your weight loss is, and am glad you met some nice people on the ward, hopefully you might have check-ups at the same time, and be able to catch up. xx

Doodah
    Keymaster

Hi Sunset

Maths isn’t my strong point either but if you are only eating 20g instead of 100g of something then you are only eating 4 grams of sugar. Don’t quote me on it though!!!!

Doodah x

Rosie Posie

Hi Sunset
    Glad you are feeling good and all went well. On you question they use the measure of 100grams as a portion guide. If 100grams has 5grams of sugar then it is low and safe to eat. If you only eat say 25grams of this item then the sugar would be 1.25grams. It is not wise to eat anything with 20grams of sugar per 100grams as this is high in sugar content even if you take a small portion. The calorie intake will be high on any thing with high sugar or fat contents, which will slow your weight loss, reduce your food allowance and cause vitamin deficiencies . Hope this answers your question.
    Rosie x

Sent from my iPad using WLS FORUM

Sunset

Thanks everyone, I think i have my head round it at last.This site is so great, everyone is so helpful. I have never been to a group meeting and I am very worried as I am a very shy quiet person, so i was wondering are u allowed to bring someone with you for support. I am in west sussex and would like to know which might be the best group to attend, I am willing to travel as it will be a nice break from the normal for an evening.

ruby tuesday

Of course you can bring someone, and I am shy too, but would encourage anyone to go to a support group, you may make new friends you really like, as I have, but at the very least, you can talk to and listen to people who have been through what you are going through, and really understand all the various things that happen along our journey to thin! I have been to ones that were local to me, Hayling Island (not running at the moment), and one at the Holiday Inn near Fareham, and these were informal, no charge or speaker, buy your own tea/coffee etc as they were held in Hotel bar areas, but were very well attended, and very, very friendly. I think this is an area where we have to push ourselves to attend, and also persevere in going even if perhaps we don’t interact too much the first time, because unless someone has had gastric surgery, they will never completely get what we go through. xx

Renn

I’ve recently returned from a 30 day holiday to Ireland. No I didn’t think I missed the support groups. But I was there the day after and have been to three already since 16/10 . Streamline do all they can for their patients and that includes giving support to patients who set up support groups all over the country once they start to feel well enough. The groups don’t really have a formal leader as when newbies come although they may be understanderbly reticent to begin with, in no time at all you’ll look across the room and see a brand new newbie avidly listening to someone who perhaps only had their own op a couple of months across the room and hear a nearly newbie confidently helping a brand newbie.Amazing stuff!. Magic. I’ve just looked in my diary yes I’ll be amongst buddies next week and the week after. Enjoyable…yes Necessary …definatly!

Madeleine (Renn)who has added to her three and half stones loss pre-op to total thirteen stones 18 months post bypass. That’s 182 pounds! Enjoy your weekend everyone.

luckyflower

Renn welcome back from holiday, thank you for your words of support, I am going to try group think I need the extra help!

Doodah
    Keymaster

@luckyflower 20100 wrote:

Renn welcome back from holiday, thank you for your words of support, I am going to try group think I need the extra help!

Lucky, it will be one of the wisest, most enjoyable things you ever do ;-))

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media