Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

11 months and 10 days in……

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    sharlotte

Hi all,
    I haven’t posted on here for a while but thought I would pop in and catch up! Also after some advice!

So im 11 months post op, so fari have lost 6 stone 6lbs and its still going 🙂 however last night while out with my husband and friends I collapsed 🙁 im wondering if it has anything to do with the band, food, what I am eating or what im not!!

Has anyone else ever been in this situation and can shed some light, im quite concerned about my general health at the moment having been to the doctors a couple of times and all they can say is im depressed when actually I have genuine concerns, they’re really not helping!!!

Looki g forward to reading your replies 🙂 x

Paul-H
    Participant

Hi

The best bet would be to speak to your team and take their advice, and then take their advice to your GP, as the reason for your “Collapse” needs investigating. Collapsing and Fainting can be quite different so did you just faint or was it a collapse.

But see your GP regardless but go in with a smile so he can see you are not depressed 😉 Unless you are 🙂

Paul

Lauren
    Keymaster

@sharlotte 29425 wrote:

Hi all,
    I haven’t posted on here for a while but thought I would pop in and catch up! Also after some advice!

So im 11 months post op, so fari have lost 6 stone 6lbs and its still going 🙂 however last night while out with my husband and friends I collapsed 🙁 im wondering if it has anything to do with the band, food, what I am eating or what im not!!

Has anyone else ever been in this situation and can shed some light, im quite concerned about my general health at the moment having been to the doctors a couple of times and all they can say is im depressed when actually I have genuine concerns, they’re really not helping!!!

Looki g forward to reading your replies 🙂 x

Hi Sharlotte

Can’t believe it has been so long since your surgery! Well done on your fabulous weight loss so far.

Paul is right – you should refer back to your team and GP as soon as possible as fainting/collapsing is not usual after wls. It could be something absolutely minor like needing more supplements or it could be unrelated whatsoever to your surgery. Please let us know ho you get on 🙂

Doodah x

sharlotte

Hi all,
    Been to the dr this morning and they say im fine and my team at guildford say its unlikely to be related to the band :-/ confused.com!!! So healthy eating and exercise to see if I can shift these headaches and horrible feelings!!! Thanks for your advice!! Xxx

Lauren
    Keymaster

How bizarre Sharlotte! Is it worth asking for some blood tests? How the frilly heck can being depressed make you pass out!!?

I’m not a clinician but even I know that isn’t ‘normal’ as I had depression for 20 years!

it is true that exercise is brilliant for headaches so long as you take it slowly and build it up. Our fabulous Streamliner recommends this form of exercise very highly – energie fitness clubs – Results in 6 weeks guaranteed

It is women only and not like a ‘normal’ gym session at all. All ages and fitness levels are welcome. If you sign up, don’t forget to say that Stacey Brova from Streamline sent you 😉

Doodah x

natalieyoung

Wow Sharlotte that’s fantastic weight loss I am still stuck at 42lbs and still have regular band adjustments. Sick of it now wish I had of had the bypass ?

Lauren
    Keymaster

@natalieyoung 29489 wrote:

Wow Sharlotte that’s fantastic weight loss I am still stuck at 42lbs and still have regular band adjustments. Sick of it now wish I had of had the bypass ��

Hi Natalie

I know you must feel a bit despondent about having a slower weight loss than those with a bypass but I cannot stress enough how important it is to never compare yourself with anyone else – even those who have had the same surgery as you! We are all SO different that it is utterly pointless and can lead to frustration and envy.

The band gives a slower weight loss than the bypass, however, we all get there in the end! Please talk to your team about this. Don’t let it get you down to the point where you want to give up. 42lbs is a huge amount of weight to lose! THREE stones! I would urge you to pick up a sack of potatoes and try to carry them round with you for a day – I guarantee you will want to put it down after 10 mins! It is the weight of an average three year old child!

Take a good look at yourself today and really see how far you have come and remember – this time it won’t go back on. Follow the guidelines, keep in contact with your team and be hugely proud of what you have achieved so far. I bet you are bang on the money with your progress! 😉

Doodah x

natalieyoung

Thanks Doodah have really sat down and thought about it. This time last year I was unable to do a lot of stuff that I now can do. I feel and look better and I am much happier. Your right 3 stone is a lot if weight and I am feeling very proud of losing that now and keeping it off which has always been my problem.

Lauren
    Keymaster

@natalieyoung 29517 wrote:

Thanks Doodah have really sat down and thought about it. This time last year I was unable to do a lot of stuff that I now can do. I feel and look better and I am much happier. Your right 3 stone is a lot if weight and I am feeling very proud of losing that now and keeping it off which has always been my problem.

I’m so happy that you are feeling more confident about your wonderful achievements so far.

You have every right to feel proud of yourself. I must have lost the same three stones ten times over before my weight loss surgery so I know exactly where you are coming from. I think we sometimes forget that losing weight isn’t a race. it’s about making whole life changes. That takes time! Most of us have spent 30+ years forming the old habits that made us so unhappy and unwell so it is madness to think we can change them in a few months really. I’m five years post wls and I’m STILL learning and making mistakes!!

Please remember that we are always here to help you. You do not have to do this alone 😉

Doodah x

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media