Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

10 week post op

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    luke

hi everyone. im 10 week post op now had my bypass on the 10th feb. i hace gone down from 30.07st to 24st. i have been going to the gy, 3/4 times a week and putting alot of effort im my workouts. i feel alot better and have more energy i feel before the op i was just trying to make it through the day but now i have more control and starting to enjoy life again.
    i was wondering if anyone had an experience where thet have lost weight and then have the weight loss stop for a week or two as i have been struggling to get out the 24s. is it something im doing wrong ????? ps my episode of fat surgeons will be aired on 27th june. really channel

Doodah
    Keymaster

Hi Luke and welcome.

Firstly, well done on your fabulous weight loss so far! Can’t wait to see you on Telly 😉

I think almost everyone has a little plateau at some point. Some have it for a few weeks, some for a few months. However, if you stick to the ‘rules’ and not give up, it will start again. I was like you and had loads to lose. I lost 10st in the first ten months but then it took me almost another year to lose the other 5. I still have about a stone to go to be an ‘ideal’ weight but I’m certainly a ‘healthy’ weight now (the other stone is mostly loose skin)

Just be kind to yourself and be as proud of you as everyone else must be at the fantastic start you have made already. Slowly, slowly, catchy monkey!! – what does that even mean?!?!

We will all be here to help, advise and support you.

Doodah x

luke

thanks for your help.i do struggle to find things to eat. normaly i get that horible sickly feelings afer food no matter what i eat , didnt like the feeling so i did stop eating for properly. i know i should try and fit 3 meals in but its just so hard . you kind of get discouraged when you think about the amount your eating you feel like you should be loosing the weight quicker. think i need to stop weighing myslef as much

Ganny
    Participant

Hi Luke,
    Stick with it, you may find that it is just your body adjusting to all the weight you have all ready lost, you may not be losing the weight but you may find that you are losing inches instead, The weight lost will kick in again just be patience and you will get there, it is a stroll not a marathon this weight lost business.
    Elaine xx

Doodah
    Keymaster

Just re-read your post Luke. Not eating is the very worst thing you can do unfortunately. Your body goes into ‘starvation mode’ and slows down your metabolism meaning you won’t lose weight. Even if you just try eating tiny regular amounts it will improve things. Also, remember to keep hydrated for the same reason. Weight loss (and maintainance) is all about putting a regular amount of the right food in at regular intervals. I always liken it to a fire: if you put paper on a fire it burns up in 3 seconds then requires more, then more, more, more….if you put coal on it, it burns nice and steadily for ages.

It’s all trial and error in the early stages Luke. Anyone who thinks that weight loss surgery is the easy option hasn’t done thier homework right 😉

We are all here to help and support you so please keep in touch and let us know how you get on. I think about all you guys all the time, even when I’m not on here. We become an extended team who care for one another, in other words: friends.

Doodah x

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media