Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

10 days post gastric bypass…please answer my question 😰

Home » Topics » Surgical Journey » Eating and Drinking Pre and Post Weight Loss Surgery » 10 days post gastric bypass…please answer my question 😰

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hello all

Just wanted to ask a question I’m 9 day post gastri bypass surgery and a couple of times this week I have taken a few big gulps of tea and this afternoon a few too big gulps of water and felt really uncomfortable for a few minutes I am now really worried I have stretched the pouch…can you stretch the pouch just by drinking too much water once or twice?

On a positive note as of this morning I have lost 3st 2lbs. ��

treeza

Hi honey it is still very painful for me if I drink to much to quickly. I don’t think you’d have done lasting damage but just remember to slow down. There is always temptation specially if you’re feeling thirsty. The art is to sip little & often all day.
    You’ll be fine honey. I hope all ok otherwise xxx

Lauren
    Keymaster

Perfect answer from Treeza.

I’m 6.5 years out and I sill can’t gulp liquids.

I did it last year at the airport because I still had some water in a bottle left before we went through security. It was AGONY! Made even worse because the water was freezing cold!!

I doubt very much that you will have stretched your pouch so soon and after only a gulp of water. If ever you are worried about anything, contact your team. It’s what they are there for and whatever you ask will have been asked before!

Doodah x

bikerchris
    Participant

Hi Danny,

I hope you’re reassured. If there is one good thing, its that it is a lesson learned. And we keep learning. I suffered proper painful indigestion last night for the first time since my op. I’d eaten a small piece of quiche and I know it was the pastry that affected me because I know all the other ingredients I tolerate well.

Before wls I suffered indigestion regularly, not just because of quantities but because I was a gulper, couldn’t get it down fast enough. I’ve learned to slow down and chew well. I’d forgotten how unpleasant indigestion is so no more pastry for me!

Chris

Kimberly
    Participant

Chris is so right chewing so important theirs a phone app eat slower which I found helpful , and just sip I use a thermal mug because I love hot steaming tea and milky coffee.

Thank you all ����

Lauren
    Keymaster

You are welcome Danny. We have many wise and caring people on this forum. Aren’t we lucky? 🙂

Doodah x

Johnpettet

Hi Danny I think that I need to get into the pratice of sipping?!, I gulp my drink a lot old habits I think, got my op in 10days!, well done on the weight loss!

Hello John!
    I am getting used to sipping now and don’t feel so worried about it. Best of luck with your op very exciting times ahead!! let us know how you get on! 🙂

Lauren
    Keymaster

Sipping is such a hard habit to learn! I’m 6.5 years post wls and I still wish I could just gulp down some ice cold water! I have done it twice – boy, I should have remembered the first time – it’s bloomin agony!

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Johnpettet 33214 wrote:

Hi Danny I think that I need to get into the pratice of sipping?!, I gulp my drink a lot old habits I think, got my op in 10days!, well done on the weight loss!

10 days to go John! That is going to fly by!!

Can’t wait to hear all about it. Have you started the pre op diet yet? How are you getting on with it?

Doodah x

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media