Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

1 Week

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Copey

Hi All

I am one week post bypass. having been on soup and not much else for a week, I tried some very pureed mashed potato with some philly light cheese in it tonight. Was nice to have something a bit different, and seems to have gone down ok. I will also try putting some humus through it at some point. Anyone got any ideas to make it a bit more exciting? For example would it be ok to put some low fat/sugar ketchup in with it, or some wholegrain mustard? Or are these no goes? Perhaps some horseradish?

Any tips gratefully received.

Simon X

Doodah
    Keymaster

I think mustard is a great idea. It’s a nice strong flavour and ‘safe’ nutritionally. Horseradish might be a little too harsh just at the moment. Anything sugar free that you could use to flavour your food is great, as is anything fat free. Philly light with garlic and herbs could be delish (makeing me drool haha.) It’s all pretty much trial and error as everyone is so, so different. Let us know how you get on.

Doodah x

Gayle

Chilli Philly light is yummy too and not too hot!! I’ve really fallen for it!! Yummy!

derlooker
    Participant

Me too. Wondered how much protein is in it. Does anyone know? Sometimes it is one of the easiest things to eat after a blockage.

Sent from my iPhone using WLS FORUM

Doodah
    Keymaster

Have a look at the nutritional info on the side of the tub. It’s probably quite good for protein. I use it all the time in cooking as I’m a veggie 😉

Doodah x

ps per 30g serving it has: 47 calories, 1.2g sugar, 3.5g fat (of which 2.39 saturates), 0.3g salt and 2.5g protein.

Happened to have a tub right there in my fridge xx

Copey

2 weeks since the bypass tomorrow, and I am going shopping later to try and get the stuff I need to stock my home (I have been staying elsewhere the last couple of weeks). Any advice on what I should buy that I might not be thinking of? I am still on total liquid diet at the moment, but hoping perhaps to be able to introduce some whizzed up shepherds pie, or chicken in gravy kind of things from Wednesday after my post op check. Hope you all had a good weekend!

Sx

kathc

Hi Copey , I really like the frozen fish portions in white sauce , they whizz beautifully for 1 st stage . I did find I couldn’t eat a whole one and did worry about keeping it as leftovers but that’s just me !!

Grated cheese is fab to sprinkle into soup to get your dairy hit and also thicken soup up .

Hope that helps

Oh must be low fat cheese .

K. X x

Sent from my iPhone using WLS FORUM

derlooker
    Participant

Hi there,

I love v8 vegetable juice. It really helped me thru the first few weeks. I loved making veggie and lentil soups. To ring the changes sometimes I added a little pancetta other time freshly grated Parmesan. I made up slow cooked meals. So easy. Chuck in lots veg a couple tins of peeled tomatoes. A chicken breast and herbs and spices and them blend it once cooked. It lasted for so many meals so I froze it into individual portions. Adding black olives makes it really tasty too.

Hope this helps

Lisa xx

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media