Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

1 day to go!!

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Johnpettet

My last day of my milk diet tomorrow! My op is at Gatwick on Thursday and feeling a bit nervous of what to expect! I’ve lost just over 1st.7lb in the last 2 weeks and feel great! A bit nervous about eating next week as I’ve enjoyed the milk diet a lot!

Looking at planning my meals for the next week on the liquid week, has anyone got any good tips on what to eat??

bikerchris
    Participant

Well done on your weight loss so far and good luck for the op.

You say liquid diet in the first week, after my bypass I was on thin puree straight away, is that what you mean or has the advice changed? Anyway I lived off lentil soup and chicken casserole almost exclusively for the first month. Both home made, then put through the blender or a sieve and plenty of stock added to keep then thin. Freeze in ice cube size portions and your laughing.

Yoghurt is good for breakfast, but only unsweetened ones. Or more milk. It’s important to have enough protein. And drink as much as you can, tea, coffee and water, nothing fizzy or sugary Keep sipping all day.

Keep moving too, I struggled with this as I was so knackered after the op but I’d make it to the end of the street and back 4 times a day (entertaining for the neighbours if nothing else).

Keep in touch

Chris x

Lauren
    Keymaster

Return to Slender, the UK’s first bariatric cookery book | Bariatric Cookery

I can’t believe how quickly the time has passed! The above link is for the highly recommended bariatric cookery book by Carol Ball (who has had a bypass) what contain fantastic recipes and tips for eating at every stage post wls.

Chris’s advice is spot on. You will be amazed at how little you will need before being full up.

Please keep in touch and let us know how you are doing. Wishing you the very best of luck – you big loser!!

Doodah x

loulou19

Hi

I am 5 and a half weeks post op (bypass) and remember feeling quite scared when I came home from hospital. I really had no idea how much I should be eating as everyone differs. I was on liquids the day after the operation, then went to pureed/sieved food on day two. This stage was for 4 weeks.

This is an example of what I ate for the first week or two (whether it was right or not I do not know !)

one third to a half of Weetabix with milk for breakfast, sometimes added a spoon of marvel milk powder.
    3 tblspns ready brek,

various soups for lunch, all homemade, lentil and carrot (puree’s very easily), chicken, all served in a ramekin. sometimes I could eat it all, other times only half. No added salt/sugar baked beans also puree very well (could put a bit of grated low fat cheese on top), scrambled egg (I used a blender to make sure it was really well mixed). Use milk to thin the food to get the consistency you want.

dinner could be mashed potato and pureed chicken in gravy (again ramekin sized portion).

No added sugar squash helped me get my fluids in, I seemed to drink(sip) constantly or I couldn’t get enough in during the day.

Now I am a few weeks further out I can get a snack or two in, these tend to be Fage 0% fat greek yogurt (lots of protein in this) with apple puree or a couple of strawberries, mango puree’s well too.
    No Added Sugar Angel Delight
    Milky coffee

Best of luck with your op tomorrow, let us know how you get on

best wishes

Lelly

@loulou19 33268 wrote:

Hi

I am 5 and a half weeks post op (bypass) and remember feeling quite scared when I came home from hospital. I really had no idea how much I should be eating as everyone differs. I was on liquids the day after the operation, then went to pureed/sieved food on day two. This stage was for 4 weeks.

This is an example of what I ate for the first week or two (whether it was right or not I do not know !)

one third to a half of Weetabix with milk for breakfast, sometimes added a spoon of marvel milk powder.
    3 tblspns ready brek,

various soups for lunch, all homemade, lentil and carrot (puree’s very easily), chicken, all served in a ramekin. sometimes I could eat it all, other times only half. No added salt/sugar baked beans also puree very well (could put a bit of grated low fat cheese on top), scrambled egg (I used a blender to make sure it was really well mixed). Use milk to thin the food to get the consistency you want.

dinner could be mashed potato and pureed chicken in gravy (again ramekin sized portion).

No added sugar squash helped me get my fluids in, I seemed to drink(sip) constantly or I couldn’t get enough in during the day.

Now I am a few weeks further out I can get a snack or two in, these tend to be Fage 0% fat greek yogurt (lots of protein in this) with apple puree or a couple of strawberries, mango puree’s well too.
    No Added Sugar Angel Delight
    Milky coffee

Best of luck with your op tomorrow, let us know how you get on

best wishes

Thank you loulou, really helpful for all of us waiting for our ops, nice to have examples

Lelly x

Lauren
    Keymaster

Fab advice there from Loulou. I love this forum – we are all in it together and that means we get to share our successes!

Hope things are ok with you today John. I remember my surgery day like it was yesterday! SO excited for you 😉

Doodah x

Johnpettet

It’s day 2 post op, stayed in over night and had the worst nights sleep ever!! It was mainly down to the trapped wind across my chest! Walking up & down the walk ways and sipping hot water worked, had a good sleep today and taken on some milk & jelly, but I Really enjoy it now so may keep it part of my diet! They also found out that I had a hiatus hernia as well! So they fixed that while they where in there! But overall feeling better! virus free and does not

Johnpettet

well. i have tried to start a new thread!, so 1 week after my op and i feel GOOD!!…… lets see if this posts before i write another essay and it does not post!!

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Johnpettet 33304 wrote:

well. i have tried to start a new thread!, so 1 week after my op and i feel GOOD!!…… lets see if this posts before i write another essay and it does not post!!

I can see it now John!

Fantastic news that you are feeling good only one week later!

I lobe that milk and jelly combo but never quite mastered it. It always comes out looking like pink or green scrambled egg haha! What’s the trick?

So happy that you are doing so well, John.

Doodah x

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media