Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Re: Tell us the date of your op!

Home » Surgical Journey » Pre- Weight Loss Surgery » Tell us the date of your op! » Re: Tell us the date of your op!

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

shelleymarie

Thanks everyone. I’m one week post bypass and definitely got my slightly smaller bum firmly on the loser bench. I’ve lost 9lb this week! making 35lb in the last 4 weeks. I’m more than pleased. I’m starting to feel more human now too. Unfortunately I had some scar tissue and a very small abdomen with normal sized organs making it a very difficult for Mr. Slater to perform my surgery. It lasted nearly 3 times as long (he wanted to take it nice and slow) and he said that had it been earlier in his career he wouldn’t of been able to complete it successfully but of course he did! I’m extremely grateful that I chose such an excellent surgeon and to him, persevering with it. It did mean I was in a lot more pain that what the average patient goes through when I woke up but the nursing staff made sure I was comfortable as possible, Petra and Tracey were absolute stars. Now I’m a week out I’m catching up recovery wise with the rest. Also having lost 9lb this week is making the pain already a distant memory. I’m already snoring less, no where near as hungry, full quickly, tight clothes fit me much better (actually down a size since the start) and I can do the safety belt up on the car with me plus a pillow, when before it was a struggle to do it up at all. Definitely worth it already I’d say, can’t wait for what else is to come 😀 x

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media