Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Re: Tell us the date of your op!

Home ยป Surgical Journey ยป Pre- Weight Loss Surgery ยป Tell us the date of your op! ยป Re: Tell us the date of your op!

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

shelleymarie

21 days and counting, well including today and that is almost over. I had my pre op yesterday, nothing to worry about if anyone is reading this and got their pre op due (at Chichester). Everyone has already been lovely and put my mind at rest about everything before I even had to ask so that was good. Also it’s nice to meet some people you will be in at the same time as ๐Ÿ™‚ The only problem I had, is the walk to blood tests, so would advise anyone who finds a real struggle to walk at all to let them know it is too far, if it is. It is a good test to find out how much of the way you can make it to surgery though as apparently it is about the same distance. They are happy to let you walk the distance you can and then wheel you the rest of the way which is good so no one has to worry about that.

I did discover I have high blood pressure ๐Ÿ™ to be honest It’s a miracle I’ve got this far without it or anything else, I know it was just a matter of time, I’d just hoped surgery had come first but I’m not too worried, I’m off to the doctors tomorrow (if they fit me in) and If it is still too high I’ll have to take some tablets to lower it for the surgery. Hopefully I will be able to come of them again once I start to get results from the bypass. Fingers crossed blood tests and swaps are clear. I also discovered I’m allergic to surgical tape so that was good to find out before the day too. All good things to know in preparation and obviously why the pre-op is important. Especially for the step by step process of from when you get in to when you leave after surgery, that is really helpful thing to hear ๐Ÿ™‚

Shelley x

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media