Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Re: Tell us the date of your op!

Home » Surgical Journey » Pre- Weight Loss Surgery » Tell us the date of your op! » Re: Tell us the date of your op!

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

peewit

Lily,
I was discharged from hospital on Saturday after my gastric bypass operation on Thursday 24th March. My op was a day after Ganny’s. I too was nervous about the anticipated pain levels but I couldn’t have been more wrong. After surgery, I waqs wheeled into post op recovery where I was woken up. I had a dedicated nurse wo stayed with me throughout the time I was in there. She checked my perception of my pain level and admininstered morphine until it was right down to 1 or 2 out of 10. During the op they administer local anaesthetic as well as the general and IV Paracetamol and diclofenac. I didn’t need any more pain relief until during the night when a small dose of morphine was administered. After that I had diclofenac and paracetamol and that kept the pain at bay. I was up walking about the next day, and soon eating pureed food in veryvery small quantities. They next day I was discharged and had a 2-3 hour journey home. I’ve been feeling great I can’t believe how little pain I’ve had and How well I feel. My advice is, be positive, the team are so experienced and have got your care sorted. Don’t be a martyr to pain, accept the pain relief offered and follow their advice. My pain experince was 1/10. The bariatric team get 10/10 for being excellent. Don’t worry. Good luck.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media