Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Re: Tell us the date of your op!

Home » Surgical Journey » Pre- Weight Loss Surgery » Tell us the date of your op! » Re: Tell us the date of your op!

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Lauren
Keymaster

@Whitey 23657 wrote:

Hi everyone
It’s 2 weeks to my bypass surgery (5th June) with Guy Slater. Started the milk diet today and had my pre op appointment with Elaine George. She was really lovely and put me at ease. I feel more positive today after thoughts of wondering if I’m doing the right thing in the past 2 weeks. I know it’s a strange question but I am wondering if I should write letters to my loved ones if the worst happens during surgery. I know it sounds morbid but I would like to know what others think.

Hi Whitey.

I did. I wrote letters to my parents, husband and children – just in case. I also made a will (for what it was worth!) It helped me to know in my mind that IF anything went wrong, they would know that I didn’t selfishly leave them for nothing. I told them that wls was my absolute last chance and that if I didn’t take it I would die anyway and it would be slow, painful and worse for them than me going to sleep and not waking up. I had a BMI of 64 and was slowly dying in front of their eyes.

So, in answer to your question, no it isn’t morbid and you must do whatever you think is right for YOU. Maybe make this the first time you do something for yourself? I always say to people considering wls ‘Just for once in your life, put yourself first and be as kind to yourself as you are to others’. I always mean it.

The odds are stacked in your favour. Guy Slater and the other surgeons and staff at Streamline are, in my honest opinion, peerless when it comes to safety. Shaw Somers gave me back my life almost 4 years ago and I thank all things holy every day. You will be doing the same ;-))

Doodah xx

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media