Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Re: Tell us the date of your op!

Home » Surgical Journey » Pre- Weight Loss Surgery » Tell us the date of your op! » Re: Tell us the date of your op!

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Hi Day Dreamer, I had a band done on the 23rd march. I had tried for over 2.5 years jumping through the NHS loops to get funding. I researched everything, looking at forums. I have beenover weight since child hood and tried everything, petty much like every one on here who will support you.

I can honestly say that making the choice to have l.lthe band has been the best choice I have ever made in my life…… I have lost 4 and a half stone since the pre op diet which is great and a shock in such a short time. I have dropped 3 dress sizes and looking forward to mynholiday abroad in a month without a seatbelt exension!!!!!! This was the worst part of it for me!

The only thing to bear in mind is that whilst it will take you time to ajust to our new life, and it is easier with a band in terms of what you can eat, you will still need to have the mindset of eating healthily as it isnt the “east way out” as some people think, like Doodah says…….people should try and be in our shoes!!!!!

Having said that even though I still have a way to go for my own goals, I would not change anything forthe wrold as my confidence in myself is amazing and it what is spurring me on…..

I told the people closest to me and some work colleagues that arepart of my team, butnafter I hadthe surgery and began to realise hat actually thisnis still ME doing this withnthe help of my faithful band, I tell them that I am just eating healthy and reduced my portion size!!!! No lie there as that is just whats happening.

Happy to keep in touch if you want to message me personally and ask any questions…..

GOOD LUCK
Sam
Xxxx

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media