Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Re: Milk diet start to day

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Lauren
Keymaster

@Kimberly 31317 wrote:

Well folks , talk about life throwing curved balls at you . My mum been very poorly following an operation on Tuesday for kidney stones . And at times it has looked touch and go , she developed a leak but still not sure if it’s her gall bladder or from the kidney .the long and the short is I have needed to be at the hospital for 12/14 hours a day coming home to sleep some times for 6 hours and then going back again due to the stress I found it too difficult to eat food and lived on fluids , milky coffee, and soups. Their was nothing wrong with my pouch it just that the stress. We’ll that a completely new experince for me , usually prior I would have eaten a bag of sweets packets of crisps mindlessly . Wanting that stuffed feeling , if you know what I mean . Because you can’t take flowers in hospital now a days every one brought my mum sweets and snacks . She has bags and bags of them , I would have demolished them before WLS . I’m feeling really proud of my self that I managed an extremely stressful advent and didn’t binge eat . In the back of my mind the tiny voices that say to me well ” so you think you got rid of me , do you , you wait until the really difficult things happen , your want me back ” now I have my own evidence and can proudly say back I can cope and I don’t need crisps, sweeties. It looks like she turned the corner for now, but now she is medical drama queen .
The new trousears I brought 4 weeks ago are too Baggie , and I’m wearing a size 18 top I brought three years ago that was too small then .

Kim, you have done yourself and your family proud. But more than that, you have proved to yourself that food can no longer rule your life – even in times of stress and anxiety. What a hard fought and won battle!? I’m so proud of what you have achieved, I really am. You are so much tougher than you think 🙂

Doodah x

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media