Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Re: mandyl’s Weight Loss Journey

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

SJ

Hi Mandy,

So sorry to hear you are struggling. I have had experience of anxiety and know a good friend who suffers quite badly. He tried medications but they didn’t really help, and he had to deal with the addictive side of them as well. He has regular counselling, I am shocked that your GP will not fight for more sessions for you – 7 is simply not enough. Why not speak to your GP or possibly even try to see if one of the bariatric psychotherapists at St Richards could get involved on your behalf and recommend more counselling to help you.

I think getting as much support as possible is really important – places like this forum are a good place, but 1-2-1 and face-to-face support are good (never easily when you are feeling anxious). Push your GP, or if you are worried about doing this ask a family member or friend to go with you to the doctors to push on your behalf.

Some exercises like Tai Chi and Yoga can be very good for relaxation, they both include breathing exercises which you can use when anxious. Maybe this is worth a try? I think you live around Chichester? Maybe someone on here who lives nearby could take you to a class?

Might not be your thing, but a lot of complementary therapies are also good for relaxation. I work in this area, and I treat many people (including the friend above) with anxiety based problems (it seems to help them a lot)- massage, aromatherapy, reflexology, reiki etc – could you try something like this to see if it helps you? If this is something you might like to try, PM me and I will see if I can find someone in your area for you to see. If cost is an issue, there are lots of healing groups which work for a donation – these are great as you can have some relaxing healing, a cuppa (and a biscuit!) and a good natter all rolled into one! I live a little too far away to help personally (and I am still not well enough to do 1-2-1 work), but maybe one day…

I do hope you start to feel brighter soon.

SJ
x

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media