Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Re: Help …. Gastric band 08/03/12

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

NICS85

Hi,

Well done for losing 3 1/2 stone that’s still great. I went to have my band filled yesterday naively thinking they would put in 2ml or something, but left disappointed with 1/2 ml as the restriction can happen at any time now they say. So now I’m at 6.3ml which I hope the weight will start shifting.

If not I think I’ll just have to restrict my food even more & live with being hungry until its sorted out.

I’ve got a weekend away in December which is fancy dress, so really want to get down to a size 14 for that. So that’s my aim now I know it’s 2 dress sizes but hopefully it’ll be a realistic target with exercise as well as not eating a lot.

They did advise me that everyone is different with the weight loss & because they wouldn’t actually class me as being that big that’s probably why it’s slower than normal as well. Also I’ve got polycystic ovaries so that’s another factor of slow weight loss.

Hope you manage to kick start your weight loss again. Maybe try swooping your jacket potato for crisp breads or something like that occasionally so it’s lower in calories, but still the right texture.

Xx

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media