Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Re: Help!

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

bikerchris
Participant

I found learning to eat more slowly was really difficult. Immediately after surgery was OK, probably because it was all new and I was terrified of damaging myself. But once I knew my new plumbing was working well, it was hard not to let old fast eating return. I do try to put my knife and fork down between mouthfuls and to have a conversation over mealtimes instead of shovelling it in. I don’t know about 2 months to learn a new habit, I’m still working on it!

The other thing about dogs being dustbins, after I had wls, my dog got fatter because I was giving him everything I couldn’t manage. I had to stop doing that, obviously it’s OK to give him the odd thing but excess weight is as bad for them as it is for us. These days, if I give him the fat off my meat, it’s instead of his usual dog meat not as well as. That way, we both slimmed down together

My dog’s favourites are poppadoms and prawn crackers, odd fella!

Chris x

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media