Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Re: FAQ-Pre-Op (1): ARCHIVE

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

hazelann70

Hi,

I had a band in 2001 and in 2003 it had cheesewired into my stomach. That’s how my surgeon explained it to me. It obviously had to come out. I was put onto Reductil for 5 years after which it stopped working for me. He said at the time that he could do another band but couldn’t say the same thing wouldn’t happen again. I’m not sure what the difference between band slippage and band migration (cheesewiring) is though. I had to fight for funding for my bypass and am now 5 1/2 weeks post op and all is going well. The feeling for me is very similar yet very different from the band if that makes any sense! I was lucky with the band and lost all my weight before it went wrong and could eat absolutely everything and anything which was nice. Even now with the bypass I can eat beans on toast – albeit very slowly and I don’t have problems. Same with rice and pasta. I felt the same as you when it came to bypass as when I had the band, I had heard so many horror stories about it and wouldn’t have entertained it in a million years. Times change and the surgery has developed and it didn’t worry me at all in going for the bypass this time. I can’t comment on how well I’ll keep the weight off as it’s early days. I did have a horrendous day of eating yesterday as the head hunger kicked in badly but again, I was able to tollerate everything I ate as I chewed it all so well. I didn’t go that mad on the scale of it but I did feel awful at the end of the day and SO tired! Back to normal today though so I’m not going to be worried. I’d like to know about how much sugar you should look out for in meals though. Just been to Sainsburys to find something for dinner as the kids are having belly pork slices and although I was looking at sugar content on the packs (kids meals and weight watchers meals), I really didn’t have a clue as to what was a good amount and what was a bad amount! Any info would be welcome.

Hazel

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media