Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Re: FAQ-Pre-Op (1): ARCHIVE

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Phoenix

Well, I finally had my endoscope this afternoon and it was the most awful thing I have ever been through and would not wish to ever go through it again !!!

I posted last week for peoples’ comments on their experience and most people advised me to go for the the throat spray and the sedation so what did I do???

I decided that as I’ve been through childbirth with no pain relief and I was assured that this process was not painful then I would just have the throat spray!!!

BIG MISTAKE!!!

I spent the entire procedure thrashing about – had to be held down by two nurses – threw up several times and even pushed the Consultant away at one point!!! OMG!! I was horrified by my own behaviour and made sure that I apologised to all of them afterwards.

So I can now confirm for anyone that has one of these coming up:

1 The throat spray is not so bad…tastes like medical bananas!
2 It does not hurt but is extremely uncomfortable and difficult to breathe through, hence, the retching! If I had to do it again, I would definitely have the sedation!
3 It’s a very quick procedure – even if they have to do a biopsy – but it does leave you with a very sore throat and a numb tongue!

Thank goodness that when I have my op, I’ll be asleep!

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media