Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Re: FAQ-Pre-Op (1): ARCHIVE

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

@Nettie 17773 wrote:

Oh God, now I’m starting to wonder if I’ve made the right choice, I spent 3 years researching both options and I have mine in 11 days. I wonder if the increase in band problems is due to the increase in band patients, of course with more people having wls these days there will be more problems but te ratio of problems to no problems will stay the same. I guess its a little like the recent death of a gastric bypass patient, the more frequent the operations become the more frequent the problems will arise.

I do believe from what I see each day with my clients
that the band ”fails” for 2 reasons
1/ It has either ”leaked” or port not in correct place or slippage
2/ most people are not 100% honest with their surgeon PRE surgery about their eating habits
as if you are a sugar addict as i was -sugar simply ”melts” through the band which can result in weight loss stall stopping and usually regain.
The bypass is far better suited to sugar addicts due to the initial ”dumping” syndrome
in the end though IT ALL COMES BACK TO SHEER WILL POWER DIET & EXCERSIZE
which ironically if we could have done this in the first place we would not have needed W L surgery
WHO KNEW EH???lol
best of luck

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media