Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Re: Bandaid tips required by 66 years old male newbie due to be banded on 7/4/2015

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Lelly

@Kimberly 33632 wrote:

Honestly I do understand about knock backs and waiting , but you will get your surgery some time soon , may be not next month , but as soon as they can . When you think back to.the start of your journey going through all the hoops they make you jump , your a long way down that path already , how about thinking of all the things you like to do a bucket wish that you can tick off . It might be getting the bath towel around you with out big gaps ( these were mine but fill free to use ) going up stairs without having to stop and get my breath . Crossing my legs , painting my toe nails , getting up from the floor in one go . Cutting down on medication getting rid of my cpap mask . Walking around the block . Cycling . Getting out of the bath . Ect . Write your self a letter for the future about how your feeling now and your hopes and dreams .
You can also look up some self help psychological work books , to help you challenge negative thinking . Because after surgery the biggest battle I belive is in our head. So self help CBT good and relaxation exercise also mindfulness . Honesty all these psychological tools will help and I have had to use them
. I’m really stressed at the moment and normally I would have used food to comfort me , but I can’t do that now , infact I can only drink fluid at this moment in time . . So I drink a lot of milk . It will sort it self out in the next few days . But I’m working on my own inner nasty negative thoughts that I’m constantly running through me head at the moment . I’m even having to put my ears on with loud music to stop my self ithink about a Nast verbal attack . And tell my self I’m a good , loving , kind Compassionate woman . Lots of people have told me this in the past and also recently . So one person nasty words towards me and my family are just one person not every one , that these negative thoughts and feeling I have will pass.

Im talking about this so you can see the psychological process About challenging that automatic negative thought I have and I belive others have It’s not easy but it will work , my anxiety levels will decrease and I be able to eat food soon . And I’m a good person

Oh you are such a lovely person, don’t let this distort what you have done and the momentous improvement to your life and your families life. As you are a slim bird now, why not try yoga or pilates, they say that they are very relaxing stretching exercises that improve your the tone of your body but helps your inner self as well. You are right, I suppose I have just thought about myself and have been selfish, not really thinking why I have been pushed back, probably someone who is in a worse place than me is going first. I do try but just sometimes I get so fed up with the pain and the looks and the pain again, my hip is so much more painful than it was….see getting maudling again, I will try Kimberly and you try too, don’t let anyone get you down, you are brilliant!

Lellyxx

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media