Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Re: Back from holiday

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

#50497
Lauren
Keymaster

Hi there! lovely to hear from you again and thrilled to bits to hear how well you have done! Congratulations!

That old demon ‘head hunger’ can pop up at any time but at least we have our own ‘light sabre’ with which to beat him down – I’m a sci Fi nerd/geek so the light sabre reference might be lost on you haha! What I mean it that our wls is the tool/weapon we need to stay in control and defeat our own personal demons. Mine is cake – no surprise there then! But I managed to eat it every day in Austria (would be rude not to!) and only gain 2lbs. In the bad old days it would have been much much more.

In my humble opinion, our demons raise their ugly heads in time of stress to test us basically. To test our resolve and courage. To test whether or not we are ‘worthy’ of our new lives and to try to regain control over us. But you know what, they only have the control we give them. Wls helps us to behave like a ‘normal’ person – eating food to stay healthy for 95% of the time and the other 5% for pleasure – not the other way round like it used to be.

Well done you! You have conquered it. So keep your ‘light sabre’ to hand just in case and use it to fight your own battles when they arise – they always will. But now you are properly armed with the right tools/weapons, you may lose the odd battle but you will NOT lose the war.

Doodah x

Search Forums

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media