Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Reply To: BBC1 – Panorama, 20:30, Diabetes: the hidden killer

Home » General Section » Obesity & Weight Loss Surgery Debates and Media. » BBC1 – Panorama, 20:30, Diabetes: the hidden killer » Reply To: BBC1 – Panorama, 20:30, Diabetes: the hidden killer

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Lauren
Keymaster

I know Kitten! Life with less tea is hard.

However, I’m having to cut down due to some worrying blood test results so no-one is really at fault. I’m just hoping that, with treatment, I can get back to having a few more cups each day. It really is my saviour lol! In the meantime, I have switched to drinking decaf coffee (which I am able to drink with no sugar, if necessary) ginger tea with lemon (lovely and warm) and hot cordials every other drink. It’s only been a few weeks (seems like an eternity) but I am gradually getting used to it.

I took me 50 years to give up sugar in my tea but, like you, I cannot bear it with sweeteners in.If anyone tells me I have to give up Marmite, you will probably see the massive black cloud of misery from outer space haha.

The only thing to do is adapt. It’s SO hard but for me, being alive is worth the sacrifices I have had to make. But I have to remind myself of that everyday lol 😀

Doodah x

• This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by Lauren. Reason: added info

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media