Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Reply To: BBC1 – Panorama, 20:30, Diabetes: the hidden killer

Home » General Section » Obesity & Weight Loss Surgery Debates and Media. » BBC1 – Panorama, 20:30, Diabetes: the hidden killer » Reply To: BBC1 – Panorama, 20:30, Diabetes: the hidden killer

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Kitten
Participant

Hi Doodah

I recently watched the above link, I must admit I didn’t know much about diabetes, I assumed that people only came into problems if they didn’t take their medication – and that diabetes was on the rise. I only started to look at it in a different light, when I went for a blood test, my GP didin’t say there was anything wrong with my bloods, but she did hand me a copy for my records, and I asked her what the ranges for diabetes were, she said people without it range from 35ish to 48. I then went home and saw mine was 41, and then saw that the printout said 42-47 was high risk for diabetes – well reality sank in, at 41 I was one point away from high risk WHY did no medical professional say anything, especially as I have a blood test for under active thyroid every year, no-one told me either, that diabetes and hypothyroid go hand in hand – I feel really stupid for not knowing the dangers until it is almost too late. No-one told me either that I had a greater chance of heart problems, diabetes, stroke etc when I was diagnosed with hypothyroid, they just handed me some tablets. Would it not be better to give me the information, rather than waiting until I get diabetes and then drain the NHS? I am now Tea free, as I cant find a sugar substitute that I like in tea, so I would rather go without, so obviously it is not the tea that I crave but the sugar. Also I have that sugar free monin that you told me about for my readybrek – very nice thank you.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media