Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Reply To: Heart surgery

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Kimberly
Participant

Hi every one I struggled getting on and using the forum since they put changed in .
Well I’m good coming up to a year since I collapsed and had a month hospitalised and surgery . Feeling good been hard work physically and emotionally but getting their . I had another surgery I’m one week post op , it was Gyne related so don’t want to go into loads of detail . It went ok apart form me freaking out prior to it as I’m on Warfin that 1 I bleed and not stop,2, I throw a clot on my mechanical heart valve and have a stroke . Of course the medic had it all covered but anxiety went through the roof . So strange as I had my gastric bypass knowing i was a high risk (I might not make it ) but I wanted a quality not quantity of life . The appendix and Heart surgery again were emergency so I had no choice , I do have an overhang apron of skin which is pulling on the port sites .
So this year my focus has been on getting healthy and recovering , at times I get down hearted as my head think it should be quicker than it is , but then I have to say to myself it’s not a race .
I’m looking forward to going on holiday for some winter sun now my husband retired , we booked a weekend with friends in Germany going to Christmas markets so excited .
My daughter got married in July and it was wonderful I really mean it to go shopping and buy beautiful dress and jacket and not be limited to two shops . It’s strange I’m really choosy now about what I buy I don’t buy lots because I have a wardrobe full of dresses trousers . I have an obsession my hubby said for coats ??? I thought he was off he head but he right I love coats lol I think it’s because I didn’t need them before .
The only sad thing is because I haven’t practiced for over three years I couldn’t re-register as a nurse . I think in a couple of months I might have been fit enough to nurse again . Still one door closes another opens , and I might do a return to practice ? Who know . How are you all ?

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media