Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Reply To: South Coast Support Group

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Lauren
Keymaster

Hi Onewayoflife

Please excuse the lateness of the answer, I am still trying to find my way around the new website!

I don’t think there is a support group (that I know of) near Brighton. Having said that, we have people who come from East and West Sussex, Surrey, Berkshire, Hertfordshire, Slough and even Manchester!

My goodness you did have a bit of an eye opener at the other group didn’t you? Our is nothing like that at all. It is held in the Macmillan Centre in the Queen Alexandra Hospital and everyone is geared towards making the very best of their weight loss surgery. We still have a laugh and are all very good friends but the topic is all about making the surgery work and support for each other.

We also have guest speakers: dietitians, bariatric surgeons, psychologists, physiotherapists and plastic surgeons to name but a few. You would be given the warmest of welcomes if you could make the journey once a month. Why not come along to see what you think?

The group have been a huge support to me during a really awful couple of years with poorly family members, house moves, my own surgery and bereavements. They have supported me and kept me from getting bogged down with the negatives of life. I can never thank them enough.

Please click onto the link below for all the details of how to get there etc. the next one is on 18 Aug but is likely to be a quiet one (we have approx 60 members!) as many people are on their holibobs!

Take care and I look forward to following your progress.

Doodah x

• This reply was modified 5 years, 2 months ago by Lauren. Reason: typo

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media