Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Reply To: Doodah Eight Years Post Weight Loss Surgery

Home » Surgical Journey » Bariatric patient experiences » Doodah Eight Years Post Weight Loss Surgery » Reply To: Doodah Eight Years Post Weight Loss Surgery

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Lauren
Keymaster

Hi guys

What about this glorious weather! A post wls patient’s dream haha.

It’s funny – although I had my surgery done 8 years ago, it sometimes feels like it was 8 months ago! Then at other times it feels like it was a whole lifetime ago.

The only thing that has stayed the same is the certain knowledge that, after getting married and having two beautiful, healthy children, it is the best thing I have ever done.

I have managed to scrape back a minimum of three extra years of life. At 48 I was given three to five years to live. I am 57 in September. I have seen my kids, nieces and nephews go from strength to strength and have been able to help my family, parents and sister when they needed me. I am quite possibly, the luckiest person in the world.

Life isn’t easy – but it’s SO much better than the alternative, right? If you are thinking about having weight loss surgery, you can come along to our support group in the Queen Alexandra Hospital, in Portsmouth to hear from people at every different stage. Alternatively, you can email me at:

sue.smith@streamline-surgical.com

I have a list of lovely people who are willing to communicate with anyone who is considering having wls. They are all different ages and have had different surgeries. They can help you to decide whether or not to go that one step further towards getting your life back.

Click onto the link to see where the South Coast Support Group is and at what dates/times.

You will be made very, very welcome. Several of our members attended the support group for months before making their decision. There is never any pressure to speak and everything is 100% confidential. We also have a strictly private Facebook page you can join after you have attended the group – this is for confidentiality purposes: we need to know you are who you say you are!

Thanks my lovelies

Doodah x

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media