Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Reply To: South Coast Support Group

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

onewayoflife
Participant

Hi Doodah,

I am really struggling and need to attend a support group. I’ve recently been able to get out in my wheelchair after being bedbound then housebound for 2+ yrs. I had a Gastric Bypass in August 2013 but by March 2014 I was bedbound due to a spinal injury. as you can imagine, my 7 months of good weight loss came to a halt and my weight crept back up…
I’m back in touch with Chris Pring who has carried out Barium swallow to check everything is still ok and I have also seen the Dietition again. However, I really need support from others who have had WLS. I did go to the Mile Oak group before my accident however I thought it was appalling and didn’t return! (Being held in a pub did not help anyone….people eating and drinking whatever they liked REALLY didn’t help!!) I remember one particular person showing me how a can of full fat coke was fine to drink as long as you leave it open of a while to go flat! It also astounded me that people came back from the bar with pints and multiple bags of crisps!?!

Anyhow, I see that you have a grp @ the Queen Alexandar….. I wondered if there were others closer to Brighton?

Thanks

Kate x

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media