Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Reply To: Surgery in 3 weeks

Home » Surgical Journey » The Gastric Bypass Operation » Surgery in 3 weeks » Reply To: Surgery in 3 weeks

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Lauren
Keymaster

Hi lex and welcome to our friendly forum.

Firstly, I’m SO excited for you! Secondly, it’s absolutely normal to feel apprehensive. In fact, if you didn’t, I would worry.

When you start your pre op diet, keep this thought in your mind – you have already started your weight loss journey. It’s tough, but it’s not the toughest thing you will ever do. It will prepare your body and mind for the actual wls.

Out of interest, what surgery are you having and with whom? I had a gastric bypass almost eight years ago at St Richard’s in Chichester with Shaw Somers and it’s the best thing I’ve ever done, after getting married and having my children! I did it for ME. I’m not going to lie, it’s not easy. But it will be worth it. You will feel healthier, happier and will find yourself thinking ‘Why didn’t I do this before?’

I would say, take each day at a time in the early days post surgery. Allow yourself to be your main priority: it will benefit everyone who cares about you by ‘proxy’ so to speak. Don’t ever compare yourself to anyone else. You are unique. Follow the guidelines your team will give you. Also, share your feelings with others – both negative and positive. This forum was a godsend to me after my surgery.

My most important bit of advice is – be kind to yourself. Be as kind to you as you are to everyone else. None of us are perfect and we bad days do happen: we are only human right?

Please keep in touch and let us know how you are getting on. I’m so excited for you 🙂

Doodah x

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media