If you have had difficulty in maintaining or losing weight, bariatric surgery could be the answer.
We will be hosting an information evening on December 5th, with our expert Bariatric Surgeon, Mr Ben Knight at the BMI Hampshire Clinic.
The free evening starts at 7pm and is a great evening for anyone who is considering weight loss surgery to find out more on the following:
- suitability for surgery
- the benefits and drawbacks of weight loss (obesity) surgery
- gastric bypass
- gastric banding
- gastric sleeve
- success rates
- support given before, during and 2 years after surgery.
The information evening will also provide an opportunity to ask questions and have a one-to-one discussion with Mr Knight.
Anyone wishing to have a mini 1-1 consultation with Ben can do so on the night. It must be stressed that the mini 1-1 is not in place of a full consultation and must be booked in advance.
Places at the event are limited, so please call us to reserve your place by clicking here.
Some facts about Mr Ben Knight
Mr Ben Knight was appointed as an NHS consultant surgeon at the Queen Alexandra Hospital, Portsmouth in 2014. Mr Knight specialises in laparoscopic Oesophago-gastric and Bariatric surgery. Having graduated from Manchester medical school in 2002, he completed his surgical training in the north west of England and then completed almost 2 more years as the post graduate surgical fellow in Adelaide, Australia.
He is validated with the General Medical Council and is a member of the Association of Upper Gastrointestinal Surgeons and Royal College of Surgeons, England. All of his outcomes are published on the national bariatric database.
At BMI The Hampshire Clinic in Basingstoke, admits patients for a wide range of medical and surgical procedures. To provide patients with the best possible care, they have a range of facilities to cater for their needs including:
- 65 beds with privacy and the comfort of en-suite facilities with bath or shower, satellite TV and telephone
- An imaging department with the latest in imaging technology
- Four main operating theatres
- One outpatient theatre
- 20 consulting suites
- An onsite hydrotherapy
- A pharmacy
- Located in the picturesque village of Old Basing on the outskirts of Basingstoke, Hampshire, the hospital is within easy reach of the M3 and M4 motorways.
- Exit at Junction 6 from the M3 motorway and Junction 11 off the M4 motorway.
- Travel on the A339 Ringway North to Reading Road (A33) roundabout and exit via Faraday Road and Swing Swang Lane towards Old Basing and Basing House.
- Proceed under the bridge to the end of Swing Swang Lane. At the mini roundabout turn sharp right onto Basing Road.
- After approx 300 yards, turn right into BMI The Hampshire Clinic.