Liver shrinkage food diet

This is a discussion on Liver shrinkage food diet within the The Pre-op Liver Shrinkage or Milk Diet forums, part of the Pre- Weight Loss Surgery category; Im on the liver shrinkage food diet i started with slimfast lost 8 pounds in five days, then i was ...

Liver shrinkage food diet

Im on the liver shrinkage food diet i started with slimfast lost 8 pounds in five days, then i was so ill the bariatric nurse said i could change to the food liver shrinkage. I know im doing it right so why am i worried sick day and night and cant sleep, im having dreams that the surgeon says your livers too fat and everyone in the world i know is pointing a finger and saying failure failure

2. Recommendations from Facebook

A selection of comments from our Facebook users - for more please visit our Facebook page.

SJ
    Firstly, STOP worrying! I went to a talk with a bariatric surgeon once and he said that they have no idea how much your liver shrinks becuase they don't check how big it is to start with! Stick to the diet (I did the food based liver shrinkage 2x) and both times was told that my liver was tiny, so it does work with food. Most importantly don''t cheat, and do not have a last supper the night before your op otherwise you will undo all of your hard work. Some people naturally have big fatty livers, and sometimes this does hinder the op, but most experienced surgeons can deal with this. So, just stick to the diet you have been given to give yourself the best possible chance of a straightforward op, and good luck!

SJ

PS - I didn't lose any weight at all on my liver shrinkage (food) diet, so 8lbs is fab!

RNYGB 6th March 2010 Shaw Somers St Richards
    Band 2007, Removed April 2009

Hannah

Hopefully things now looking up = good luck for your op x
    RNY 24 June 2010 Chris Pring

Quote Originally Posted by hannahingrid View Post
    Im on the liver shrinkage food diet i started with slimfast lost 8 pounds in five days, then i was so ill the bariatric nurse said i could change to the food liver shrinkage. I know im doing it right so why am i worried sick day and night and cant sleep, im having dreams that the surgeon says your livers too fat and everyone in the world i know is pointing a finger and saying failure failure

Hi Hannah welcome huni, youre doing great, as for the dreams im dreeaming too...... my surgery is in less than 2 weeks xxxx

Buzz
    Hannah huney,
    Not everyone takes to the milk diet, quite a few go onto a tight food diet.
    Both methods prove to help shrink the liver in preperation for the operation.
    It is just that the liver is such a soft tissue, it needs to be moved out of the way to assist the operation, its very delicate.

So even on the instructions for the diet you have been given, you will shrink your liver considerably.

No-one will be pointing the finger, this is just a little self doubt creeping in.
    Please dont be so hard on yourself.
    Stick to the plan and hopefully things will go well...

Your probabaly at your friekiest a week or two before surgery.... Keep calm, stick to the rules and you will have done all you can...

All the best, looking forward to hear about your progress.

Buzz ~(Andy) Bognor Regis

I am starting pre op diet on wednesday doing high protien diet sugar free jelly with that diet. it doesn't say you can just wandered. love pinks. x

Quote Originally Posted by hannahingrid View Post
    Hi there Hannah I did the milk diet for 5 days and then moved onto the low carb diet as I was not coping with the milk very well. However, I lost 10kgs on the diet and my liver was still big they still did my op, took them a little longer. I am now nearly 3 weeks post op.

Take care Ellie xx

Visitors found this page by searching for:

liver shrinking diet cheating

how to shrink your liver fast
liver shrinkage
foods shrink your liver
liver shrinking diet lose weight
quickest way to shrink liver
slimfast only liver shrinkage diet
foods that shrink your liver
liver shrinking diet slimfast
cheated on liver shrinkage 7 days before surgery
how to shrink your liver in 5 daysexamples of liver shrinking diethow to shrink your liverliver shrinking foodsis slimfast good for your liverbariatric liver shrink diethow to shrink liver sizelist of food to shrink your liverslim fast liver reducing dietdiet to shrink liverliver shrikage dietliver diest and bariatric surgerylist of foods to help shrink the liverLiver shrinking diet foods listshrinking your liver for surgery